Three More Cdn Disney Stores are closing............

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by scratch, Jan 14, 2010.

1. scratch

scratch Member

:(

British Columbia
    Winnipeg, MB
    Scarborough Town Centre, Scarborough, ON

2. scratch

scratch Member

Store Leases ended and Disney not renewing.

3. realfam

realfam Member

There probably not profitting enough$$$$$ to keep them going. ; Remember they did down size in Vaughn Mills, overhead can be a killer!
    If Disney was smart they would make free (over a certain dollar amount) or low cost shipping for merchandise ordeed of there website. ; They could do huge mail order business here in Canada, if they chose too.

4. scratch

scratch Member

Bite Your Tongue!!!!

Where would I have some fun at work????? ; Definately not my day job!!!!

5. Treelo

Treelo Member

Maybe it's just me, but I think significantly reducing the amount of 'adult' type merchandise lost them a lot of business. ; DH and I don't have kids... we have a niece who's getting into all the princess stuff, but really, we were shopping at the Disney Store for us... we were in the STC store and they had 3 t-shirt styles and 4 not-that-appealing mugs, and everything else in there was pretty much kids-only.

The STC store isn't in the best location, either... lots of traffic, but being angled on a corner, it's also easy to overlook in the bee-line for the lone elevator.

Ah well.... ; almost 3 months left to scoop up some deals, if we can find anything appealing. ; The STC store's closing April 24th.

6. realfam

realfam Member

Whoops, sorry Scratch ::) ::) ::)

How about quiting your day job and getting a transfer to the Magic Kingdom!!!!! ; If you need someone to join you, let me know. ; I'll quit my day job too, and join you in WDW

7. scratch

scratch Member

As soon as the Hiring Freeze is lifted!!!!LOL ; I'll keep you posted!

8. I was incredibly sad when I stopped by the Disney Store at STC on Saturday to find that they're closing!
    So then I bought 3 Little Mermaid things : Snowglobe, Reusable bag and a water-towel.
    That means, we'll all be needing to go to the Eaton Centre to get our Disney needs!

9. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

How many stores are left in Canada?
    Eaton Centre, Square One?

10. scratch

scratch Member

Eaton Centre,which is the Flagship store of Canada
    Square One
    Fairview Mall
    Limeridge Mall
    Vaughan Mills - Only Outlet in Canada
    And there are still a couple out West.

11. scratch

scratch Member

Just an FYI........

Scarborough is now closing February 7th!!!

12. That early?! ; Oh no!

13. Treelo

Treelo Member

*boggle*

That's going to impact the Give a Day, Get a Day, too... since they were a contact for glove & bag pick-up for environmental improvement efforts leading up to Earth Day... which would have been 3 days before they closed.

Gah! ; Guess I should grab the Hubby and hit STC, just in case there's anything remotely worthwhile

14. that is just so sad

15. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

that's too bad.

I agree with Treelo about the adult merchandise though. I found the Ottawa store had less and less appealing stuff for me the last year or so before they closed. And, our LO was so young at the time, nothing really peaked our interest for him