Three fast passes per day?

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Roger, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I think we all know FP+ is coming. Well apparently they started testing it (including a new fast pass for parades) and they put a three per day limit on it.

And guest satisfaction with the system has been ; outstanding. Which means for right now, three seems to be the magic number.

This means that you will not be able to get more than three fastpasses per day.

The only other thing that hasn't been discussed is the number of fastpasses they will issue for each attraction. ; I think they might reduce it but you will start to see which attractions have the most demand, quickly. Which means they may tweak it so Soarin gets more fastpasses then before while Space mountain gets less, etc.

What do you think about this news?

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Not sure what I think yet. ; It was my understanding that the test was for a week or two (I read all participants would have checked out on July 6th as I arrive on the 7th). ;

I know that I am not too happy with the new Fastpass+ as I feel I will have to "plan" too much. ; Even though I am a planner, I DO NOT plan the time I want to ride every attraction and I feel in order to have a fastpass I will need to schedule them 2-6 months out.

Tha being said I will see how this all plays out, maybe it wont be that bad, but this is the first thing that Disney has done that has me pretty nervous.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I hate the concept of FP+ as much as I hate the early dining reservation system and the Dining Plan. ; But hey, what can you do? ; It's certainly something I will not ever be using, and can only hope it doesn't end up having too much direct effect on my park visits in the future - no way I'm going to plan days, let alone months, ahead of time what park I'm going to be in and on what day and time...I don't even make dinner reservations more than a day in advance.

I can say I'm happy to hear of the 3 FP limit - I'd prefer it be 2, or even 1, but I'll take any limit I can get...without some kind of limit, I'd fear people 7 months out booking 10 fast-passes per day for every day they'll be there, even booking Soarin fast passes for every day, just so they can pick and choose which one to use...just as people did with the dining reservation system - abused it and booked 4 or 5 different reservations on the same night so they could just pick which one they wanted. ; We have to have some kind of law!

4. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

I am outta there- just saying- our life doesnt allow us to plan-like that- we dont even know if were gonna get to go until we are in the car leaving....We will return when they sell entry level passes that dont let you ride anything.......that way we can just be "there"- and not have to pay an arm and a leg- nor plan our life which is dependent on pain levels....on a daily basis----three months in advance. ; Thought I would never say it---NEVER.....I am over them for a while- they have got the last of our dollars for a while- we put the DVC on the market last week...will check them back out in 20/20-- maybe they will have some hindsight and some new things.. ; This from a person who went to Disney on our honeymoon 37 years ago.....

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I believe that the limit is with regards to the FastPass+ and NOT the regular fast pass. ; As I understood it, you would be restricted to the amount of Plus fast passes you could get but unrestricted on the regular fast pass. ; I may have misunderstood what was told to me but I guess only time will tell.

6. Roger

Every source I've read says that once FP+ is fully up, the old FP system goes away........

7. PolynesianMedic

Well it has been a few months since I have worked over there so anything is possible.

8. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I cannot think of the last time we used a FastPass that wasn't given to us by a Cast Member for some sort of "gift" of compensation

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Was catching up on old podcasts from vacation & this was the topic on one. ; Sounds like they will be adding FP to old attractions so that they can spread the "three per" out across the parks. ; Good news is that we can now get an FP for The Great Movie Ride and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular!

Sent from my iPhone...

10. PolynesianMedic

[size=1.35em]I thought you might all be interested in this.[/size][size=1.35em]Overview of Disney FastPass+service
    TheFastPass+portfolio is more than doubling so Guests will able to select from more than 60 different experiences – including parades, nighttime spectaculars, shows and Character Meet and Greets.Before leaving home, Guests will be able to select viaMy Disney ExperiencethreeFastPass+ experiences at one park per day (theme park admission required).Guests with ticket entitlements that include park hopping can visit more than one park in one day, butFastPass+selections can only be made for one park each day.
    FastPass+selections can be modified at any time using in--â€Â

11. PolynesianMedic

Sorry about the layout and the extra bullet points, I tried to fix this three times and I can't figure it out. ; The info is there.

12. Roger

Thanks for posting this. I don't want to say it but this is doomed to fail. Putting the option on C/D ticket attractions with no more than 3 a day? They are going to get a ton of complaints (probably from AP holders) and eventually repeat guests who can't get FP+ for the E tickets.

Now some of the added options will be a huge hit and will pull some of the complaints down but I thought Disney freaking learned about putting FP on fast moving C/D ticket attractions! ; ; ; ;

At Disneyland they used to have FP for the haunted Mansion and they shuttered it! ; Some high capacity attractions it doesn't make sense. It also doesn't make sense for attractions with an immersive queue.

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I'm just trying to figure out who is going to use a FastPass for Captain EO and Living the Land... ; Of course at some point, if you make your ressies late enough, they might be the only option you get.

Sent from my iPhone...

14. Roger

Exactly. ; The people who wait until the last minute to plan their trip are going to get shafted...although it happens NOW for things like Soarin/Toy Story Mania where the FPs are gone shortly after park opening. ; I think they probably will hold a small number of FP+ for the E-tickets for day guests, but who knows?

15. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Ensuring ALL guests have access to the '+' service...really? ; So are they going to give me a smart phone so I can be equal with all the other guests who are using theirs to 'cut' in front of me throughout the parks since I have to go to the ride fastpass distribution area to get a pass and they can just pop onto their smart phone to do it?

I mean, I know I'm way behind the times for not wanting to be internet-connected everywhere I go on earth, but they're still assuming every person has a smart phone, and there have to be a few cavemen like me, or a few poor families who can't afford smart phones, that will be at a serious disadvantage.

16. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

They are going to roll this back in 6 to 12 months because it sounds like it sucks and isn't going to help

17. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

This sounds like crap. I don't want to spend my vacation trying to figure out how to reserve fireworks or parades.
    I just want to walk around and enjoy the parks. I don't want to spend the entire day waving my wrist at poles and typing on my phone and plotting and planning.
    Good luck Disney targeting this to the younger crowd, who have no money, and in a few years won't care about your parks at all.

18. Roger

Uhhhh in a way I think the govt took care of the phone problem. ;

19. Roger

I think so too and it has to to with the new anti-marketing to children rules. Disney is going to have to jump through too many hoops to start the Duffy calling your kid out by name or having your face on a Small World doll during the ride.

I don't think the terms and conditions for theme park admission will be sufficient. ; And I think RFID for kids may also be be out because Disney can track your location in the park.

Bob's letter didn't help things. I think it made it worse.

/not an attorney. Not making a legal opinion

20. Roger

FWIW Craig if they really are going to limit FP to three a day then the parks will go closer back to the way they were. ; I remember the times before fastpasses. The parks seemed less crowded and I think that's because the queues were gobbling them up while now people have more time to eat and shop. Ie, crowd the walkways.

Now if they restrict the entire Hub area for only FP holders of Wishes then there will be a problem.