This should be interesting

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by Scottwdw, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Set up a remote camera under the starting lights at ESTA today.

[​IMG]

Will add launch photos later

2. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

I tried to save you from doing this by having you to the Rochester Air Show but noooo, you just had to go back and risk your gear like this...

Did it work out???

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Yes it did. After my daughters head back to Florida next week, I'll get to working on the shots.

Someone mentioned getting a broken underwater housing for protection. Have not located one. I am going to ask if I can use a tripod next time to get a better angle on the cars and less Sun flare in the frame.

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Check that I do have one to share today. You can see the flare. In the morning, the camera faces into the Sun. Next time I will be shooting in the afternoon.

[​IMG]
    Nikon D7100/Tokina 11-16mm, 1/1000s, f/3.5, ISO 100, EV +1.0 (Whoops!), 12mm focal length.

5. ELinder

ELinder Member

Can't you use your Magic Arm to clamp it to the light post? Looking forward to seeing what else you got!

Erich

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

No...the light stand is not sturdy enough and it moves a lot if there's a breeze.

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

What about using a few sandbags or something similar to help stabilize the light stand? Cool shot BTW - I love that angle and the timing, catching the cars just as they launch or lift. I'd love to see some slightly closer shots maybe just pointing at one of the cars with a little more focal length, so you could see more detail of the car and the rear end, to catch the rear tires crinkling up under launch.

8. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

That is a great angle! Did you take any when they were doing their burnouts? And how did the Pocket Wizards perform?