The Wonders of Life lives again!

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by Dan, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Dan

Dan Member

Okay folks, just a brief informational post here. The Wonders of Life pavillion has been closed for the past year, even during the peak holiday season, and so far as I know it was expected to be closed for good and awaiting a redesign concept.
    And yet as a rather pleasant surprise I recently found out it was opening for the holidays. The official Disney World website says it's open seasonally now, and it's expected to close down in January some time. Beyond that I know nothing more. I'm not entirely in the Disney World gossip loop, perhaps some of you know more.

I'm just bringing this up in case word hasn't spread throughout the whole group yet. I have no real pictures of it to speak of, because it's been closed since before I got my Digital Rebel. Otherwise I'd post a few to help build the anticipation. I'm definately looking forward to it. Not long ago I found a minidisc recording I made of Body Wars (I've tried to record high quality audio from most of the rides, I like to cover the place using all media), and it really made me long for a chance to ride it again. I always enjoyed it, not as much as Star Tours perhaps but still it was a classic. I really liked the beginning shrinking sequence, I thought that that was well coordinated with the motion system.
    I guess it doesn't have huge photographic potential.. but if nothing else I have plans to do a little stereo 3-d work on the giant DNA strand near the entrance. And I'm going to see everything that I've never seen before, like "The Making of Me". It's just that I've never seen it, but it was so well known.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

I have pictures from this past friday before/during park opening. Be sure to go there soon! All I can say is that it may close sometime before 12/31/06 and 1/1/07.PICTURES UP SOON!

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

dude,

i am soooooooo there. i've never been in WOL so i am really looking forward to seeing it. i might even take a picture or two for my gallery... :)

4. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Eagerly awaiting any photos of this any of you may have. Happy snappings! ;)

5. ilene

ilene Member

This show is so cute!
    [​IMG]

Where are all the people? (I see two)
    [​IMG]

(both taken with the Olympus C2100uz)

6. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Wonders of Life?

That pavilion that has that Star Tours type ride with Elizabeth Shue and the guy from Animal House?

Haven't been on that ride since 1996.

7. Tim

awesome shots....
    i can't believe i've never been inside that dome

8. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

Here are mine from last week...before/during opening

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Yes This Is Me...If you ever see me working/riding a SegWay please say hi!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a few...

9. Tim

thanks for sharing, will. looking forward to finally seeing it for myself.

10. DisneyVixen

DisneyVixen Member

These are great pictures! It's a shame they covered the pavilion with so many trees :/ But I guess we are lucky it is even open. It does look rather dated, but I still have a place in my heart for WOL!

11. Tim

ya know, i never did make it into WOL during MF.... bummer

12. Roger

I'll go then! ;)

13. Tim

do it up, brother

14. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Re: The Wonders of Life lives again during 2007 Food and Wine!

The Food and Wine Festival is using the Wonders of Life as its main Festival Center. I cant remember the last time I was in the building.
    It looks like they have pretty much stripped it of anything they could easily unbolt. Only the major structures seem to be left.
    My favorite sensory stuff was gone. I loved the one thing with metal spirals that was half cold and half warm that felt hot when you touched it. I always had to play with that when we went to WOL.
    I don't think it will ever be re-opened as WOL again.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

15. Roger

It's gone. Gutted.

Why is the Body Wars sign still up?

They haven't removed that simulator yet? What are they going to do, move it to it's own building and have a Wall-E attraction?

16. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I have heard that they are using the Body Wars simulators for testing the new Star Tours movie. They are nearly identical simulators so it is a great test area for them.

17. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I like Star Tours but I am kinda getting sick of it I hope we get a new one. We went to WOL last year my first and probably last time in WOL Cranium Command was still funny outdated but funny. Tim your not really missing much a lot of the stuff didn't even work the last time we were there.

18. biblioadonis

biblioadonis Member

The, uh, only rumors that I have heard (Oh, Lou) are that they might use the Body Wars simulators to test out the new Star Tours movie.

Sign me up!

19. Roger

Anthony Daniels, earlier this year, let it slip that he had just finished recording audio for a new Star Tours attraction.

Granted C-3PO is only in the queue, so it could be just a minor upgrade, but I doubt it.

I think it is changing, (maybe we'll get multiple films now like the queue film!) and apparently the cast members have been told to expect a major announcement for that side of the park right around the time Toy Story Mania (aka Midway Mania Lite) opens on the other side of the park.

Granted it could be the Nightmare before Christmas attraction, but we'll see.

20. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I really hope it isn't a Nightmare Before Christmas ride.