The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 2011

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by Imaginerd, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Nice photo, just wish I was able to make it down for the lights this year. ; And welcome to the board.

Sent from my iPhone...

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice, I too am wishing I could be there to see these in person.

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I am planning on going there sometime soon. ; Just not exactly sure when. ; Is there anything "special" about them this year? ; Did they do any kind of tribute for Mr Osborne?

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I've heard that there is a video screen somewhere with some Osborne family history. ; And I think the lights over the street leading to San Francisco are multicolored this year instead of just red as in the past.

6. ELinder

ELinder Member

I still haven't shot these lights. This year for sure! But then, I said that last year too. ; ::)

Erich

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

But you do have that very long drive to the Studios! ; ;)

8. ELinder

ELinder Member

Actually, that's the problem. Say Oh, heck, I can go next week, often enough and you've missed it again!

Erich

9. gary

gary Member

Get them now, before they dance off in the same direction as the lights of winter arch, and the christmas country bears. I believe they'll be gone within 5 years. As soon as the bean counters can show that everyone has seen them and they no longer draw enough new folks spending new money

10. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

You're right, Gary. ; Every December when I'm stuck in the Streets of America with wall-to-wall people, I think "Too bad nobody comes to see the Obsborne Lights any more." ; ::)

Today's Studios Central post lists some of this year's new features of the lights.

11. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the link Dennis, I am going to go read it when I am done reading here.

12. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

That's correct. There is a tribute to Jennings Osborne in a window on the Streets of America. Some of the pictures are neat because they show the few locations of where the lights have been including their house and residential street.
    Another neat thing that make the lights really stand out is that they are ALL LED!!!
    A majority of the "hidden mickey's" are numbered this year.
    And finally there is a razorback as another tribute to Mr. Osborne.

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

When the park closes down for the evening, do the lights stay on for a while longer or does it go dark? ; The reason I ask is that I am flying in on the 7th, which is the last day for the Osborne Lights (and the park closes at 7pm). ; I wasnt planning on taking my tripod with me this trip (just the monopod) and am starting to second guess that decision.

14. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I believe they go dark at a certain point. Something tells me that there is a finale of sorts then the lights go off and the ambient light comes back on. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

I know in the past there was a finale dance then they would go dark at park close and sometimes on rare occasions it would be 30 minutes after park close.