Test Track Refurb

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by RedOctober25, Aug 26, 2012.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Just heard on Sorceror Radio that the Test Track Refurb is due to be done on November 30th... Jst in time for PM2K12!

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice! ; I can't wait to see how they let you "customize" the cars

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Nice. ;

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I too am interested, especially with the little info they have given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Great news. Lots of new stuff to see between that and the opening of Fantasyland.

6. Paul

Paul Member

Glad to see WDI coordinated all of the upgrades so that they are mostly complete when we will be visiting!! ; ;)

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

They had a Disney Blog interview about Test Track today, but I still don't quite understand how each person can create a test car and have the ride be the same. ; Maybe it is all touch screen based options like SSE with a set value for each option (looks like you are graded versus carmates and daily patrons). ; Should be interesting to see.

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

I saw that too. ; You're probably right about that it will be a thing where you are graded against some sort of standard and the ride will be the same for everyone. ; Making the ride different would require a lot of programming for minimal return. ; It works well at Radiator Springs since you have anger car there to compare yourself too, but in a single car track the effort wouldn't be as noticible.

9. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I was in the end of that session today, and after reading it, my thoughts were that the car you create will go through the same tests you do, only virtually. At the end you would get a score on how that creation performed. I asked if the ride vehicle would be programmed to reflect your virtual car, creating a different experience each time you ride like star tours, unfortunately it wasn't answered.

Another Incredible poster using Tapatalk 2!

10. mSummers

mSummers Member

The Parks Blog posted more information on the new Test Track today. ; Riders will enter the "Design Studio" where they will design their ideal concept test vehicle either individually or as a group and then board the "SimCar" for a test drive and to see how their car compares to the SimCar in capability, efficiency, responsiveness and power.

I'm guessing that while the show scenes will change, the physical ride track won't and I doubt the ride experience will be different on each ride since the SimCar will be the basis of the comparison for your designs. ;