Team Bubba Pillowcase Drive

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Tim, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Julie Presley from The Presley Fam Blog is having a Team Bubba Pillow Case Drive in memory of her son, Collin Presley, who passed away at the much too young age of 12 earlier this summer from an extremely rare genetic disorder. In order to try to bring some happiness to other children facing some very scary illnesses in the coldness of a hospital, Julie is asking that everyone either make a standard size pillowcase (complete with extra love) or send one in to the following address:

TEAM BUBBA Pillow Case Project
    2286 E. Carson St.
    PBM 438
    Long Beach, CA 90807-3044

Please send them in by the first week of December.

My family and I had the PLEASURE, PRIVILEGE, and HONOR of getting to know this wonderfully charming young man through several trips to Disneyland in 2007, 2011, and 2012. ; His beautiful smile and innocence were an inspiration to me and my family and his memory will live on forever in our home. ; The magic of Disney and the power of imagination was so obvious in the way that this precious little man, facing such difficult realities, could find joy and relief while experiencing such a magical place.

(to see the rest of the article, and for links to more information, please check out TEAM BUBBA PILLOWCASE DRIVE ARTICLE).

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

I wonder if it's possible to get a photo printed on a pillowcase like you can have done on shirts? ;

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

certainly sounds reasonable...?

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

After some searching I found that Cafe Press offers the ability to print photos on pillowcases, so I ordered two. ; Just got the shipping notification this morning, so I should have them in a couple of days. ; I'm curious to see how the turn out.

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

I had two photos printed on pillowcases from Cafe Press. ; The results weren't as good as I expected, but my expectations may have been too high. ; The pillowcase material they print on is a little fuzzy and I was thinking they would use something a little smoother. ; The result was that the train picture I selected printed pretty well since it was a silhouette of the train. ; The loss of fine detail in the shot didn't affect the final product:

[​IMG]

The second photo I had printed was a fireworks shot from Pixelmania 2010 which lost a bunch of fine detail:

[​IMG]

Both went in the mail yesterday so the Presely Family should receive them later this week.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014