Supermoon this Saturday!

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by jtrain75, May 1, 2012.

1. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

2. Hmmm....I'm planning on being in EPCOT on Saturday night!

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Might have to dust off the 1000mm rig and try it for the first time on my A580 - I haven't done a moon shot since my last camera.

4. HW

HW Member

thanks. will have to get that

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks for the heads up. ; I'll have to see if I can find anything interesting to shoot it with around here.

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I missed this last year, hopefully I will be better prepared this time around, thanks.

7. gary

gary Member

unfortunately i'll miss the moon over our barn shot this year, i'll be in boston as part of my fenway trip

8. zackiedawg

OK - so how about a moon over Fenway!?

9. gary

gary Member

I don't know if it would be doable to set up a tripod in the middle of yawkey way. And the green monster is out as it's a day game, plus I'm traveling light to most baseball this year with the panny and just 2-3 lenses, the 14-140 walk around, 100-300 for fielders and the 20 f1.7 in my pocket just for the off chance of a dark shot needing big aperture. No tripod. Just a daypack with a change of clothes, whole trip only slightly over 28 hours. The only ball trip with a tripod and possibly the mk3 is Denver in June, and that's only because I'm riding 2 tourist trains, doing a car loop out through Breckinridge and south to canon city, to ride the royal gorge, and will be out in co for 4 days

10. zackiedawg

Yeah, I think the moon would rise out over right field anyway, not over the Green Monster. ; The 100-300 might do OK on the small crop sensor, but it's more a matter of finding a nice scenery for the moon to rise over. ; Maybe you'll have a view of it that night and can just spontaneously give it a go...you shouldn't need a tripod - meter off the moon and it's hand-holdable daylight exposure anyway, at least if you can get it to fill your spot meter area.

11. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Man I'm going to miss this. I have no real gear with me in Brazil. If this were a week later or I was going home a week sooner it would be great. I'll be borrowing a friends 1000mm rig to play around with & this would have been perfect. ; :(

12. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Just realized my Hotel looks out on the Atlantic Ocean of Brazil's Central coast line. Might get a really nice view of this moon - before you guys get a look since it is going in to winter here. It gets dark about 5:30 which is 4:30 East Coast time (US).