Sugestions Please.

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by Csaks, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Csaks

Csaks Member

Seeing how Amy and I have been 3 times in the last 7 yrs and have done all the major rides a million times. The problem is we want to do some more of the "Off the beaten Path things" and would like some suggestions on your favorite out of the way things to do in the parks or on property.

We haven't seen to many shows or done any tours. Anything at all would be great, trying to make our Nov/Dec this year a little different than the norm.

Chris.

2. highland3

highland3 Member

Chris:

I would definitely recommend Fantasmic and Festival of the Lion King.

3. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

5. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

The last trip that DH and I did together we did a whole bunch of "firsts" for us. ; ; We did the Backstage Tour at Animal Kingdom which was GREAT! ; Also the Segway Tour which was also great, would have been better if DH hadn't of fallen and broke his arm ; :-\, it was still fun and he even says he would do it again! ; ; There are things like parasailing and even fishing if you want.

We also had a lot of down time, we layed by the pool and didn't rush to the parks. ; The Boardwalk area is also a great area to roam around in, and of course there is mini putting. ; ; Not sure if you are into the water parks, but we always have a good time at them also.

Our next trip (next week) we are going to do a few things that we had wanted to do but didn't have time to do the last time.......rent the water mice, go to Jellyrolls one night, and do the Behind the Seeds Tour.

6. Csaks

Csaks Member

Ham Ham,
    ;
    Sea World sounds good but the boss says US and IOA is not an option, she only liked two rides (Spidey and Mummy) and was not impressed enough to go back this time. I didn't mind it, it felt like a better Canada's Wonderland and they had that offer last year so it was a good deal.

Mini-Canadian,

Those are exactly the things I was hoping to find. We are looking at three tours, Backstage Safari (AK), Epcot Segway tour and Keys to the Kingdom.

Your DH fell off the Segway?

The Fishing sounds good but a little on the pricey side or even the Richard Petty Driving Experience, again pricey.

Thanks Guys,
    Chris.

7. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Here's some other Florida diversions.

In the Tampa Bay area there is the The Salvidor Dali museum in Dowtown St Petersburg is awesome. Real neat gift shop too.

[​IMG]

There's also the keys. Been there several times and like it.
    Clicky Linky
    [​IMG]

8. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ; Yup...sure did....broke his arm too! ; He told them he was ok....but he really wasn't. ; I was surprised that they didn't follow up with him at all. ; He never went to the hospital til we came home a week later. ; It put a bit of a damper on things, he just kept taking tylenol 3's that I had for my knee and plugged along. ; It was a hairline fracture so not much could be done with it anyway....but...you do want to be careful ;D

9. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

I enjoyed Busch Gardens.....you could go to discovery cove or the space centre?

I wanted to go para sailing when we were there in 06,but hubby didn't and I was to chicken to do it alone....

10. FairytaleK

FairytaleK Member

I highly recommend Keys to the Kingdom in MK and Wild by Design in AK if you decide to do tours!

11. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I hear La Nouba is good and entertaining. ; Also if you were looking to escape the Disney scene for awhile, Sean and I love Medieval Times in Kissimmee. ;

12. gingrasr

gingrasr Member

Could also just try a day at the beach in Daytona, nice to relax.

13. Different things that you might not think of? ; Go to 4th floor of Contemporary, take exit to public outside balcony, grab a seat on the benches, and watch the fireworks and listen to music piped in - it's great if you didn't manage to get a fireworks view room and/or have little kiddies that are scared of the noise up-close-and-personal like.

14. Csaks

Csaks Member

Two weeks to go!

We are going to go to Sea World for a day and Kennedy Space Centre another day. Keys to The Kingdom tour and all the theater shows are also on our list of things to do. We are going to wing it for the rest of the tours and things people have recomended. Did I tell you we have only have TWO WEEKS TO GO! We can also take the truck because the gas prices are lower than last year, more comfort than the G5.

15. highland3

highland3 Member

Have fun! ; The kids and I loved Kennedy Space Centre... and spent nearly a whole day there. ; Make sure to upgrade for the tour of the launch sites!!!

16. If you haven't gone to many shows, you really MUST go to Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue. ; It's one of our family's staples of each visit. ; Fantastic fun, and plenty of great food & suds.

If you're going to Cape Canaveral, the lunch with the astronaut feature is really popular with clients of mine that go - check it out!

17. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

hope you had a great trip...can't wait to hear about it

18. so - how'd it go? ; are you back? ; what new things did you do?