Streets of America Secrets

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by Scottwdw, May 8, 2012.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Do you know of any? ; What are your favorite details, gags or stories in this backlot area of DHS? ; The photowalk I am hosting in three weeks will be exploring the facades of NYC and SF and I am accumulating interesting facts, trivia and details to share with the group. ; Thanks!

[​IMG]
    Facades of NYC by Scottwdw, on Flickr

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I dont have any other than the purple cat you can only see in the winter during the Osbourne Lights. ; Being that it is always August when I travel I find it way to hot to spend a lot of time there. ; I would love to see the list you come up with! ; Maybe an idea for your blog?

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

There is a pawn shop with camera gear in the window.

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

That's a good one, Tim! ; Thanks! ;

5. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

The more I hear about this photo walk, the more ready I am for this event to happen.

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Don't forget the facade memorializing the House of Magic! ; A Main Street staple for decades, the House of Magic is one of my most missed Magic Kingdom memories...they designed one of the Streets of America facades to memorialize it. ; Steve Martin once worked at the magic shop in Disneyland.

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Now that's got a cool story to go with it. ; Thanks, Justin!

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

I didn't know about that. ; I guess I need to spend more time exploring that area.

9. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

I don't have any trivia for you, but this sounds like a fun idea. Good luck with it.

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I intend to get in there more when I'm up there in a couple weeks - I haven't really taken the time to shoot a lot of the streets in detail, and have wanted to. ; Some of the storefronts in closeup detail, like the Magic shop, the Chinatown buildings, etc would be interesting.

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Dont forget the travel agency that has a pinned map of disney parks (and maybe hints towards the future...).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Actually, all of the shop windows are fascinating, and laden with potential "where am I?" material.

If you get there early in the morning (or any other time when the streets are relatively empty), just stand and listen to the ambient sounds. ; It's just like being on a New York street.

Oh, and that view of San Francisco showing Coit Tower and the Golden Gate Bridge? ; It's totally fictional.

13. Paul

Paul Member

Don't know any secrets but The Writer's Stop is a must visit for me, great place to hangout and grab some caffeine.

There is the umbrella that shoots water ala Singing' In The Rain if that is still there.

14. HPS3

HPS3 Member

I've never really spent much time there! I kinda just walk through. Next time I'll have to make it a point to pay attention.