Star Wars Weekends 2008

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by jcvalenti, Jan 13, 2008.

1. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

I was doing some trip planning for this summer, and saw a ton of recent rumours on blogs that cast member publications have confirmed that Disney is pushing Star Wars weekends start date to June, and running June 6 - 29. I haven't seen an official publication, but if this is accurate, then I'm thrilled. We're going 6/25 this year, and I'd love to be able to get a day at the weekends. My 8 year old will be in seventh heaven.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

That's cool! Park shouldn't be that crowded on THAT side. New parade, new E-ticket, and SW weekends.

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

these were confirmed on one of the podcasts that I listen to. The only problem is that if you are an annual passholder the only day you can use your annual pass is the 6th. I think this was in reference to the restriced annual pass though.

4. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

You can use your annual pass any day but the seasonal pass has blackout dates. Last year they happened in June I think it was like every weekend in June.

5. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

From what I've read, the "blackout" dates only apply to the seasonal pass - not the annual pass. Seasonal passholders are a little upset that they keep pushing SW Weekends back further and further, because it basically locks them out of the deal.

I'll have a full annual pass, so I should be good to go. To my knowledge, there are no blackout dates on a regular annual pass. Or at least there better not be, with what I'm paying for 4 of those passes. My God.

6. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

No no "blackout" dates for you just seasonal passholders we (my family) all had seasonal passes but had to uprage due to a family reunion type thing in June of 2007 at WDW had to upgrade our passes to full annual passes to go down in June.

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i will be there during that period as well. we'll have to meet up for a beverage...

8. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I'll be there during that period as well......

9. Tim

i will have to release my inner star wars geek....

10. mousefan

mousefan Member

I just found out that my wife has a conference June 9-11 so we will be down probably the 7th thru the 14th!
    My first SW weekend. I am so jacked! I am sorry to say that my Star Wars geek is not so inner.

11. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Star Wars Weekends is really cool! You can be as geeky as you want, no one else that is there would ever notice (everyone else is a star wars geek).
    Meeting Darth Vader was really cool for me. The costumes that they wear are top notch.
    Darth Maul was really cool too.

We are trying to go June 21 weekend. If enough of us go we should have a tmip meet sometime in June.

12. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

Definately. I'm in all my geek-glory at Star Wars weekend. I'm pretty sure my whole group is getting their face painted this year. That's how I roll.

13. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I love Star Wars weekends but they are so crowded. I wanted to go in June of last year but just stayed in World Showcase to avoid crowds. I don't know if I'll be there during that time this year or not haven't heard anything from the rest of the family yet.

14. Tim

drinks at the mos eisley cantina on jcvalenti!
    hot and thirsty i will be, drinks you will buy.

15. KippWade

KippWade Member

I'll also be there... June 25th through the 29th. I see now I'm going to have to re-arrange some of my touring days :)

16. Tim

cool... it would be nice to meet up and say hi... and have drinks on darth valenti !!

17. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

Friday, June 27th. That's when we'll be there !

I've got family photographer duties that day, but can definately swing a break to stop in for some drinks. Nothing beats a time out in the Prime Time Diner bar to recharge the batteries.

I'm still looking for just the right Star Wars t-shirt for the weekend.

18. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

19. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Nice find Roger!

20. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I like the shirt that has yoda on it and a ride height restriction. Yoda has a word bubble that has him saying "Judge Me by my size do you?" I like that one.