DHS - Galaxy's Edge Millennium Falcon & Smuggler's Run

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by zackiedawg, Sep 20, 2019.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

This is now the OFFICIAL thread for posting any of your Millennium Falcon shots, both outside and including the Smuggler's Run ride and queue. Bring them on!

9/20/19 - Rather than include shots of the Falcon in the day and night threads, since it is clearly a centerpiece of the land and a very impressive spot when you round the corner and see the full-scale ship parked surrounded by mountains - day or night, it's a neat sight. So I decided to put some shots of the ship in a separate post. All handheld with APS-C camera and 18-135mm lens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Darn, I was hoping to be the first to post photos from Batuu. Nice work, Justin.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    jbwolffiv likes this.
  3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I am 8 days away from my first trip to a galaxy far, far away! Thanks for these Justin!!!

4. zackiedawg

Not being a Star Wars fan, and without even going on the one open ride, I was still very impressed with this land...to me, it's a good bit better than Pandora in execution...and in scale. Those who just want rides may be disappointed with only one open and one more coming, but for those into theming, and lots of room to wander around finding different little details, it's quite an achievement!

5. gary

gary Member

wandering around and taking detailed theme photos is fine with me, it doesn't sound like they are putting in any rides i can actually do without cleanup on aisle 3 anyway

6. zackiedawg

Yeah - I thought if it's just a magnetic track ride vehicle, I'd be fine - but with the additional elements that it will merge into multiple other ride systems that allow it to gimbal around AND drop - I'm slightly worried about the cleanup factor.

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

8. zackiedawg

It's about time someone else join the photo thread - I know once Pixelmania is done, we'll have hundreds - but at this point, it's still a rare thing for Pixelmaniacs. Nice details shot of the Falcon - I actually look forward to more detail shooting next time around - my first time there was more taking it all in, and mostly wider shots and scenics.

jbwolffiv likes this.
  9. gary

gary Member

i plan on trying for a bunch of detail shots, but where is kirks bridge??

10. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'd love to add mine from September, but it's a matter of not enough time to do the prep work.

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Universal?

12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I get home from work today and look to upload another photo to Flickr, notice this dude has 6109 views since Wednesday. Come to find out it was in Explore, never understand how photos end up there.

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

14. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

15. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Recently purchased Luminar 4 and used its Sky Replacement AI tool to add an appropriate night sky over Batuu.

[​IMG]
    Nightime on Batuu
    by Scott Thomas, on Flickr

16. zackiedawg

17. zackiedawg