Spectromagic to glow away forever?

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Roger, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Noticed in twitter this morning that multiple sources are reporting that Spectro will no longer be shown on any magic nights and glow away forever like MSEP did.

Oh wait.......

/sad if true

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I thought it was being primed for a comeback this spring?

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Sad if its true. ; I too was hoping for a return soon. ; But if its for a while, I will be that much more excited when it does come back.

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

That's what I heard too, but after Rodger posted that it might not be coming back I did a quick search and found one rumor that claimed that the parade floats are in worse shape than originally expected and that Disney is considering replacing the parade rather than repairing it. ; I guess we'll have to wait and see... I'm just glad I got to see MSEP again at MK

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

...cough... ; Lights of Winter ...cough...

6. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Replace yes. Cough cough 2015 cough

7. Paul

Paul Member

bulbs from Spectromagic will be used for Lights of Winter.....all part of the plan

8. gary

gary Member

see i told you so, they just needed a bulb supply for lights of winter

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

Transferring antiquated technology from one park to another... good plan

10. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I was really hoping for a Spectro come back. ; I am no longer a fan of MSEP since they changed it when they took it to California.

11. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I first saw the Electrical Parade in 1972 when it was new in Disneyland. ; I remember falling in love with the original (pre-Dorsey) version of Baroque Hoedown that accompanied it.

I didn't see it again until its recent return to WDW. ; I was glad to see it again, just to rekindle those memories. ; I enjoy the parade.

But I guess since Spectro was the current parade when I became a full-on WDW fanatic several years ago, that has always been my favorite. ; If it's gone forever, I'll mourn the loss.

As much as I love Baroque Hoedown, it has never made me want to grab the nearest lady and dance down Main Street the way that the SpectroMagic tune does. ; You can't beat a waltz!