Spaceship Earth from Monorail Station

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by Pops, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Pops

Pops Member

I believe I have seen this location shot before but not sure who to credit. I tried shooting Illuminations from the monorail station tonight. There is a landing just off the elevator that lines up close to the center line. You are behind a railing and not in the traffic flow. The only problem it is so close that you really don't get many fireworks in the frame. - Garry Rollins

[attachimg=1]
    I liked the rockets red glare with the flag waving.

[attachimg=2]
    This was the only one that showed any fireworks.

[attachimg=3]
    After Illuminations.

Attached Files:

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Cool idea, Garry. ; Never would have thought of this. ; Did you camp out or just happen to be in the right place at the right time?

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool Garry! ; I liked the shot even before I realized there were some fireworks bursts in the frame in the first one. ; What if you used the exit ramp from the monorail? ; Anyone know if there are too many trees there? ; Just something to get you a little off center.

4. Pops

Pops Member

Thanks Guys, I had seen this shot on someone's site but there were much bigger burst above SSE. Either the charges have changed or it was a Photoshop layer. I flew into Orlando late and did not have enough energy to do a park so I just rolled into the station about 8:50 for the shot. A monorail station CM mentioned that I might try the western exit ramp as more fireworks were visible but I wanted a head on shot. I'll save that for another night. ; GR ; (PS: Also this was my first attempt at using the ND filter I got for Christmas - very nice effect but long exposures needed).

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

That would be a great location for night shots without the fireworks too. ; I'll have to put it on the list for next time. ;

I think I've seen the picture you mentioned in the first post, but I can't remember who shot it either. ; Anyway I think it was shot from further out.