Spaceship Earth Closing Schedule

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by Tim, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Looks like the SSE rehab is going to be coming fast and furious...
    SSE is going to be closed:
    • May 7 - May 10
    • June 22 - June 23
    • July 9 - November 1

Now, for those of your paying attention, it means that SSE is going to be closed for the 25th Anniversary celebration of Epcot (Oct. 1). I don't understand this one at all. Opinions?

Bonus thumbs down because for our family vacation in WDW because now SSE and the Haunted Mansion will both be closed the entire time we are there. Curious timing, two MAJOR attractions both going down at some of the busiest times of the year... bummer.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Let's see - the VP in charge of Epcot is right, the WDC (NYSE:DIS) is shifting away from celebrating birthdays. WDW (MK) had a grand celebration for it's 25th, DL got a GLOBAL generic celebration for it's 50th. It got tiresome having a 45th celebration for DL.

But the schedule appears to coincide with an apparent new plan to attract visitors - to have SSE available for Nov 1, which is odd....

Is it going to snow in Florida to match So Cal?

3. goofy101

goofy101 Member

IMO Disney have cocked up here, 1st not celebrating Epcot 25 and releasing a statement that basicly said Disney are not celebrating anniversaries anymore then a week later release the details of Disneyland Paris 15. And now when I am sure quite a few people will visit Epcot for there own 25 year pilgrimage they close SSE. Now add the fact that HM is closed thats 2 E-ticket attractions closed over the summer, Bizzare. And yet they still expect you to pay top dollar for your summer holiday.

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

i really dont get the whole "ignore Epcot anniversary". I just dont get it. :-\ :(

5. Tim

obviously, i am not all that thrilled about it either. <scratches head>

6. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

Tim - just drink enough of that German Coca-Cola product in the Cool Zone. After glass 10 you'll probably just hallucinate that you're on SSE ... glass 15 and you'll definately be seeing ghosts.

I got lucky - when I was at MK a few years back they had Small World closed for repairs ... so I wasn't forced to sit through the entire ordeal.

7. Scott

Scott Member

Thanks for the update, Tim. I'm going down there May 15-18. I'll report on any visible changes then.

8. Tim

thank GOD you didn't mention drinking Beverly.