Southwest Airlines joins Disney's Magical Express luggage service

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Roger, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Good timing, since I'm using Southwest to Orlando for the first time next month. ; It will also be my first time using DME. ; However, I think I'll still pay the $10 for automatic checkin for my return flight.

3. Spectro

Spectro Member

:mad:
    This would be good news except SW just cut the number of non stop flights out of my home airport and all the new times stink! I "MAY" be able to make my arrival time reservation at Tony's for 12:30 if i leave on the first flight out that only has an hour ; plane change. ; Now considering using Delta but faced with a decision. ; Right now the Delta times are great but of course i would have to pay for our checked luggage (2 adults). ; The flight price right now is the same but i know SW will drop before my Sept. trip. ; What do you think, More time in Disney and higher travel cost? Or save the money and get there later and hope my luggage made the plane switch?

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Ship your luggage down via UPS or FedEx and then you can go Delta without the baggage charge.

5. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

But, they will still have a baggage charge. ; Instead of paying Delta they'll be paying either FedEx or UPS

6. Ryan

Ryan Member

The last time I was at WDW I used the ME luggage service but did not find it that useful. We flew into MCO late and ended up just carting are stuff around anyway.

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

That reminds me... Since I've never used DME because we usually drive to WDW, I was wondering, what do you do with your carry on luggage when you check out of your room? ; Say for example, you have a 6:00pm flight out of MCO but have to check out of the room in the morning. ; Do they store your carry on stuff for you and then give it back to you when you go to the airport, or do you have to carry it around the parks with you all day? ; Obviously I would be carrying my camera bag with me anyway, but I don't want to drag my laptop around with me all day.

I am thinking about flying down for a short trip next fall and really don't want to spend $500 for a rental car if I can avoid it.

8. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

They will hold your luggage at the luggage services desk until you return to catch your DME bus to MCO.

$500 rental? ; Michael are you still caught in the rental stereotyping limbo?

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks Roger. ; I guess I still am in limbo. ; I'll have to look into it some more. ; I meant to say fall 2011, not next fall, so I have plenty of time to figure out what I want to do.