Some HDR Images

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Jeff Fillmore, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I am usually not a big fan of the overly processed looking HDR shots but I did give it a shot last night. Here is one with 5 exposures from -2EV to +2EV merged in CS3.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Kiki

Kiki Member

Re: Liberty Belle in HDR

This shot alone justifies this technique! It is fantastic! Superb!!!

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Jeff this is simply brilliant! I love it!

4. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Thanks- I was in Epcot for over two hours last night after Illuminations ended working my way around the lake with my tripod. (Wondering whan they would chase me out...) I did the same bracketing on almost everything I shot- so there may be more of these to come. ;)

5. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Still experimenting- here are a couple more. These are way beyond anything I could pull out of a single raw file.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Kiki

Kiki Member

Beautiful! Love the perspective, color, focus...just everything!

7. mPower

mPower Member

Jeff,

I'm curious, did you use the internal 'multiple exposure' setting on the D300, or did you make your changes manually?

8. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

No multiple exposure- I just set the bracketing to a 5 bracket at 1EV- so it will shoot a series from a -2EV to a +2EV. I then merged them together in CS3 with the HDR function. I took quite a few this way- some seem to work well and others do not. Have not quite figured out the difference yet.

9. PolynesianMedic

These new shots are AWESOME! I love the look of these. I would LOVE to see more please

10. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I like the HDR look. My camera doesn't have bracketing so I haven't really looked into it.

11. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

you can do it yourself by setting your camera on a tripod and manually shooting 3 pics... one with proper exposure, 1 with 1-stop under and 1 with 1-stop overexposure.

12. JoePenniston

JoePenniston Member

As long as we are on the topic of HDR - here are a couple I've done recently that I though turned out pretty cool.

The monorail at DL is a combination of HDR and pseudo infrared. Thought it looked pretty cool. Like anything, there is a learning curve, but I'm getting better every time I do one of these... (all from a single RAW file)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. PolynesianMedic

that last shot with the castle is really nice, I like that one. The monorail shot is also really cool. It all fits together really well. Nice work on all of these.

14. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

that mansion shot is fantastic, joe.