Silly Question - DisneyQuest @ Downtown Disney

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by Treelo, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Treelo

Treelo Member

Alrighty... DH and I are very confused.

We understood that DQ was closing for good in '08. ; But we're in research mode right now and it's on the WDW website... and listed under the "waterparks and more" tickets... so what's the deal?

Is it there? ; Are the websites hopelessly out of date? ; Did it close and re-open? ; Never close?

And most importantly, if it's still there, do they still have the cyber mountain 'design your own roller coaster' virtual ride?

2. realfam

realfam Member

Disney Quest in Downtown Disney never did close in 2008. ; There has been many changes in the last 4 years though. ; In 2008 it was Pleasure Island that closed, and a few years ago the big Virgin store closed down. ; For awhile DTD was not very alive, but over the last 18 months Disney has done alot and brought it back to life. ; There is plenty of night time free entertainers (Drey-C is my families favourite). ; The built a hot air balloon ride. ; Opened a few new restaurants and the old Virgin store is being built into a HUGE bowling alley. ; We always spend 2 or 3 nights wondering around DTD each visit.

3. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

we noticed last year it was still there. We didn't venture in, as the price was too much to spend on a 3yr old that probably wouldn't enjoy it.....

4. ayesell

ayesell Member

I miss Congaloosh

5. obo101

obo101 Member

We were at DTD on NYE and DQ was sold out. We had a great night just wandering around and people watching.

6. realfam

realfam Member

Gotta agree with you,,,,one of our favourite things to do in DTD is just wonder around and people watch! ; And there's normally lots to see...........