Share Your Flickr Galleries!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WDWFigment, Sep 23, 2009.

1. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Flickr has this new feature called a "Gallery". ; Basically, it allows you to select from others' photos and add them to your own gallery along with your own commentary for each shot.

I like the feature because it's one of the first things I've seen that allows you to assemble pictures from others that you really like and control their display. ; Here, we have the option of quoting an image that someone else posts and complimenting them on it, but we can't really say, "Hey, John, post a link to this picture of yours beside Cletus' picture here, I like them both and I want others to see them." ; Well, we could, but people may not be inclined to oblige.

Anyway, below is a link to gallery of innovative (as I see them) Walt Disney World shots posted by some of my contacts this summer. ; Coming up with more creative and fresh shots has become a goal of mine, and oddly enough, I've found that the work of others' (along with old WDW souvenir books) can be the perfect catalyst to get the creative juices following.

Innovative Walt Disney World Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10245245@N07/galleries/72157622439111366/#gallery-comments

Let's see any galleries you've created!

2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I still don't know how I feel about others putting my pictures on their galleries. ; I'm still contemplating preventing people from doing that. ; Fortunately, I rarely have pictures people would want to hang in their virtual gallery

3. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

What are your potential qualms with it? ;

For me, I see no real downside because people who otherwise may not view my images will see them and may visit my photostream. ; The only potential problem I can see is mis-attribution, but it clearly states to whom the images belong.

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member