RUMOR: Rivers of Light is ready to go

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Sep 8, 2016.

1. mSummers

mSummers Member

I saw a rumor that WDI had handed it off to AK Ops. If I remember correctly, the latest time they did that stiff got broken in testing. I'm not holding my breath until I see reports of the first successful show.

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'll be there in 1 week - so hopefully they'll be doing at least a test run or soft opening the night I'm there.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

A theme park centric Vlog I watch was at the DVC event at Animal Kingdom the other night and he showed them testing one of the lotus floats. Not that it necessarily means anything... But is encouraging, I guess...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Looks like it might be getting closer... WDW News Today is hedging towards a possible Oct. 2nd (to early November) start date... Keeping my proverbial fingers crossed...

WDW News Today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Wasn't doing any test runs or anything while I was there this past week.

I will say though that I like the Tree of Life Awakening show...simple, but cool - especially during the 'preshow' where the animals on the tree trunk occasionally randomly get up, move around, or yawn. Then the projection show is pretty cool.

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

I'll believe it when it runs a full week two shows a night and nothing sinks in the lagoon.

jbwolffiv likes this.
  7. gary

gary Member

or blows up

jbwolffiv likes this.
  8. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I recently spoke to a CM who was part of the Jungle Book crew. He said they had to get things put away quickly to make way for Rivers of Light testing. Obviously, this was after park closing, so that's why you probably didn't see anything.