Roadside Bison

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by Roger, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

[​IMG]Roadside Bison by RogerL2013, on Flickr

On a day that we didn't see some tourists almost get gored. Warnings exist for a reason

Scottwdw and mSummers like this.
  2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Takes me back to my first encounter with Bison in a national park. It was 30 below zero that day.

You really captured the beast's hair texture.

"What do they know, they'er tourists." - Rizzo Rat

3. Roger

Need to go back there someday not in the summer. What sucks is that most of the park is really only open from mid-June to Labor Day/September. And the old snowcoaches are gone to Yesterstone effective this summer.

We got snow one day...in JULY. It didn't get cold enough to stick around (upper 20s before the sun rose) but still.

Thanks Scott!

Scottwdw likes this.
  4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I wonder what all the winter photo tour companies will use to get people around?

5. Roger

They are replacing them with something more "environmentally friendly" {cough cough easier to maintain}. Considering what Xanterra* did with the other coaches, the new vehicle will be painted in "throwback colors"

* I am still standing by a tweet I made last month...if Disney ever walks away from being the operator of the theme parks Xanterra is probably a halfway decent company to take it over

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I liked the way Xanterra handled my reservation on our trip to the Grand Canyon. The facilities, restaurants and lodges were all in excellent condition, too.

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

Winter is Yellowstone is magical. I'd love to do that trip again someday, but only with a good photography tour group. The regular tours don't start early enough and end too early for the good light.