POTD - Musicians

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by ddindy, Nov 5, 2013.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

There's a lot of great music all around the Disney Parks. ; And there's even more in your home town. ; Feel free to post any photos of musicians, concerts, marching bands, etc. in this thread.

To lead it off, here's Morris and Axe Mulch getting up close and personal. ; Fortunately, my 24-70 actually was able to focus on Morris. ; And before you think I'm copying Tim's 10,000th post, I picked this photo to be today's post twelve hours before I saw Tim's.

[​IMG]
    In your face!

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I will add to the Morris posts, this from last years Pixelmania

[​IMG]
    Screammin! by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

3. gary

gary Member

morris & the guys at night

[​IMG]

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Tim and his buddy Scooter at Yehaa Bob. ; Photo taken by Billy with 1Dx and Sigmonster (cell phone pic from the back of the camera). ; That is not a misprint!! ; Awesome sauce.

[​IMG]

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Saw the photos on Bob's facebook page... I think Billy has a little ways more to go in order to grow into the size of the sigmonster.

Sent from my iPad

6. ddindy

The Manhattan Transfer has been a favorite of mine for almost all of the 40 years that they've been performing. ; Here they are during the Food & Wine festival.

[​IMG]
    Thankful for harmony

If you're familiar with the group, you'll notice that Tim Hauser is missing. ; He had to take some time off to recover from back surgery, so Trist Curless filled his spot.

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

The Dapper Dans Performing some Christmas tunes:

[​IMG]

Wrong Note:

[​IMG]

Voices of Liberty fans may recognize Dirk who now performs with the Dans:

[​IMG]

Kevin was also once part of the Voices of Liberty. ; Jeff and I chatted with him for a few minutes after one of their sets the day after Pixelmania last year and found out that he and one of the tenors are photographers too:

[​IMG]

8. mwjw

mwjw Member

9. ddindy

If you don't laugh at Paul Revere's jokes, he breaks out his 18th-century persuader.

[​IMG]
    Smile, or else!

10. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

11. ddindy

From the day before Pixelmania 2014 started, we have Emily of Clan Argyle performing with the Canadian Off Kilter Holiday Voyageurs.

[​IMG]
    Canadian Holiday Voyageur

12. ddindy

If you want to dress to impress the ladies on Valentine's Day, take a lesson from Weird Al Yankovic.

[​IMG]
    Zebra man

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

14. ddindy

Sure, Jamie gets all of the chicks, but Jason does the most work. Well, maybe Scotty does the most, but Jason does a lot. :)

[​IMG]
    Fiddling around

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  15. ddindy

16. ddindy

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  17. ddindy

I'm not in Epcot today (May 2, 2014), but if I were, I'd be in the America Gardens Theater watching Starship. Luckily, I was right up front in 2013 watching Stephanie Calvert and Mickey Thomas impress the crowd.

[​IMG]
    Starship troupers

18. ddindy

My last visit to WDW was a week-long trip during the Flower & Garden Festival. The Flower Power Concert during the first weekend featured Chubby Checker & The Wildcats. He put on one what will probably be one of my top five favorite shows in Epcot. Each time I saw him, he was "on" for the entire thirty minutes - singing, dancing or walking through the crowd. The playlist was made up of many of his hits like "The Twist" and similar hits from the early sixties. Now I hope he's there when I visit next year.

[​IMG]
    Let's twist again

19. ddindy

When I got on Twitter last Monday, the first thng I saw was the sad news that Paul Revere had passed away over the weekend. As a kid, one of the first things I did after school was watch the antics of Paul Revere and the Raiders on Where the Action Is and Happening 68. I finally got to see Paul perform live with the 21st century Raiders in 2013 at one of the Flower Power concerts in Epcot. RIP Paul.

[​IMG]
    Raiding no more

20. ddindy

The Main Street Philharmonic trumpet section shows that you don't have to play your own horn.

[​IMG]
    Musical togetherness