POP Century Now has in room Wi-fi

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Northern Sorcerer Mickey, Mar 9, 2012.

1. It is reported that Pop Century is the first of the value resorts to offer wi-fi in the rooms.

2. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

is it free?

3. All Resort Hotels now have free wi-fi

4. ayesell

ayesell Member

They have not yet up-dated their web site to reflect this change.

5. highland3

highland3 Member

It's true! ; I accessed it from the front while waiting for a bus to AK.

6. ayesell

ayesell Member

7. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

awesome! I wish they had it while we were there last year

8. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Good service late at night but aweful slow during the day especiall first thing and in the early evening. I hope they improve the bandwidth

9. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44 Member

It sounds awesome, for those who need it. I'm sure it can be a good thing for those emergency emails and scheduling things. However, I, personally, would not even need it when I go there. Why would I, when I could be going on rides and seeing shows? When I vacation, I vacation. I don't worry about anything but which ride I should go on next, what times I should reapply sunscreen and where and what I would like to eat.

10. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Member

I think that is great, I am all for vacations to get away from everything. But at night I like to be able to surf the web and see whats going on in the world. I was going to get mobile hotspot put on my phone when I go down to Disney in December. But now I don't have to. :cool:

Greg

11. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Member

Great news! While I'm on vacation I tend to not worry about my internet and just go have fun, but it's good for smartphones so you don't use up your data, and of course if you want to upload photos/ reports :) I don't normally do that though.

12. TheGrey

TheGrey Member

Good stuff! Even of vacation I have to check email and a couple other things daily. It's nice not to have to use up my phone's data plan to do so.

13. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I made extensive use of the in-room WiFi at Pop last month. Every night before bed, I spent time arranging and rearranging my FastPass+ reservations for the next day or two. Sadly, Disney is forcing us to get smartphones to use the new system most efficiently. Since the in-park WiFi is so spotty, having a good connection in the room was very helpful.

14. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

That's definitely useful, and a great addition to it but people should try to leave the Internet when they're on vacations...

15. 00003

00003 Member

This would surely make the Pop Century stay more convenient and fun, not it terms of doing internet for the things not related to Disney, but for checking out more of what this place has to offer to people and tourists. While they are in their room, they could plan more efficiently because of the internet, without having to bother much people and without spending much time asking other people who can attend to their questions of about, about, about, where, where, where, which, which, which. Internet will make it easy all. Not only that, socializing and sharing Disney experience will not have to be days away, it can just be now hours or even minutes away.