POLL, the magic in pixels photo tours, MOUSEFEST 2007

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by gary, Jun 14, 2007.

?

what photo tour would you the mousefest attendees most like tim and staff to do for mousefest 2007,

1. nighttime magic kingdom

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. nighttime epcot

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. other

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. mcvmcp late parade

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. resort decorations tour night

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. resort decorations tour daytime

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. nightime downtown disney

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. gary

gary Member

i thought it would help tim customize the offerings to his adoring masses if we polled everyone attending or likely to attend mousefest 2007 to find out what kind of mousefest tours would be popular, i made the first 3 choices different from last years offerings, mainly because many of us attended all of the t-mip tours last mousefest and have expressed interest or technique queries about those subjects, esp downtown

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i will make this a sticky. other suggestions are certainly welcome as well. post your ideas in this thread and let's see what we can come up with together...

BTW... my vote has been cast...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

Night-time resort decorations!

With the decorations in the parks getting slimmer and slimmer every year, the resorts are the place to go to see the lights.

4. Dan

Dan Member

I'm saying other, nighttime MK. I do seem to remember that there was one last year, but I couldn't make it. It's like this.. I feel I've largely done what there is to do at Epcot at night. Not totally, if I get a proper tripod I have to do some work there at night to see how much I can improve upon my past results. But I've done little night photography at MK, mostly all centered around Tomorrowland. I find night photography at Epcot easy to plan, most of the shots are fairly obvious. You have your big, iconic buildings that are all lit up, and you just find a good angle to shoot them. But MK is more complicated, and my artistic vision is too limited to see many of the possibilities that are there.

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

What Tim hasn't told you - he's going to offer seminars with special guest speakers. Topics such as:

"The Effects of Beverley on Photo Quality & Composition while using a mainstream P&S", presented by Phil Askey.

A panel discussion on "Smart Watermelon: Will it turn you into Ansel Adams?" along with "Ansel Adams: Photoshopping El Capitan"

"Tactics for photography on Dinosaur"

"Proper white painting techniques for your lenses" and "Mastery of Red Ring Painting"

and finally:

"Lessons in Portraiture: How to photograph a photographer in action"

;D

6. Dan

Dan Member

Nice, even if I don't QUITE get them all. The "Smart Watermelon" reference went over my head.

7. Roger

8. gary

gary Member

due to popular demand i added night mk as a voting option, to allow quicker sorting out the open option,

9. Tim

just a small point of clarification, this is not a binding poll, but is being used for research to see what YOU folks want to do for MF07... so please if you have any suggestions, etc., let 'em rip!

10. Tim

MOUSEFEST MEET SUGGESTIONS NEEDED ASAP!!!

please, keep the suggestions coming as the schedule is already starting to fill up with meet proposals. ideas needed ASAP! please... only serious suggestions at this time, as time is of the essence with this.

11. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

How about the Osborne Christmas Lights.

I personally have never seen them, but by the description of them, it sounds like it would be a good photographic opportunity.

Now, if the much desired Nightmare Before Christmas overlay ends up being part of the Haunted Mansion update, there should definitely be a meet for that. If it's anything like the one at Disneyland (or better), there are some good pictures to be had.

12. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

thats a great idea. its a lot of fun to photograph!
    I just put up a page at my site to show what I got last year.

13. Roger

When is the Mansion scheduled to be up?

9/13?

Sounds plausible. DL's takes a whole month to switch over (and do minor rehab), but if the Mansion is already getting a major rehab at the same time.....

But if you notice that on 1/2 the HM is down for another rehab, then you'll have your answer.

Personally I doubt it. It would need to be part of a park wide redo, a la IASW Holiday. But IASW at MK doesn't have the same exterior impact like DL's. (just forget about the snow, okay)

14. mickeymors

mickeymors Member

I would enjoy any meet that Tim has but I would have to say Magic Kingdom and Epoct.

15. Tim

i would like to limit this to staying in the parks or i don't think as many people would be inclined to attend...
    maybe we can do something out of the parks on an unofficial basis...

please make your last minute suggestions now, the schedule is beginning to fill up...
    deadline for this thread is in a few days.

16. mickeymors

mickeymors Member

I would like to suggest a Night Epoct meet on Saturday, that's Epoct's day perhaps around 7 - 730 and for people like me a beginners class, that would basicly stay in one spot. That way Tim can help camera confused people who need special attention:) Not that I wouldn't want to take any pictures but he could figure out easy stuff to take and help at the same time. How about it Tim? Whatcha think?

17. Tim

both sound great to me...

18. Tim

anyone interested in assisting me with some mousefest events, please pm me asap. Thanks.

19. mickeymors

mickeymors Member

Tim, I'll be at Mousefest from Friday - Monday. Since I live in Jacksonville I can leave a little later on Monday if need be, just dont' want to do I95 in the dark! The only other meet I'm committed to helping out is Nathan's Raglan Road. I can move between both your tables at the mega meet. If all goes well during the begining of the school year I could probably be there on Thursday if you need someone to help at a meet than.

20. Tim

sounds great, gracie... i might need all the help i can get this year!