PM2k12 - MVMCP Photos

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Post your pics from MVMCP in this thread. ;

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Yay! ; I've at least got a start to my processing down - going in chronological order, I figured I'd start with my MVMCP photos...of course, mine have a slightly different perspective since I didn't attend MVMCP - but I did shoot the fireworks show that night from the top of the Bay Lake Tower...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Love the first in this series.

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Wow, those 180 degree bursts are real close, nice stuff Justin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. gary

gary Member

here's one of mine from holiday wishes, i did not keep but 7 in total, i have already written off shooting over the garland again, i just can't feel it for this view
    [​IMG]

6. I agree. Most of mine were throwaways too. Next time I'm changing locations.

7. zackiedawg

I do like the one you posted though, Colin...that one came out very nice, and I think captures what the intent was for shooting from there - having the Main Street buildings and garlands across the street give it some visual interest.

8. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

I like the view of the fireworks from up there Justin. Nice shots. I set up at the Contemporary for the first time myself. It's a totally new perspective that will take some experience to be properly set up for.

Nice composition there, Colin.

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Finally got some time to spend editing, here are a few from the parade. ; I am satisfied with what I got, but at the same time want them to be better. ; I guess that is what return trips are for!

[​IMG]
    Cinderella's Carriage by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    March of the Soldiers by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Toy Soldiers by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Santa Claus is Coming down Main Street by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Ho Ho Ho by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

Was it me or were the machines churning out way more snow than I remember from 2 years ago?

11. Great shots. I'm still working on mine but am finding more bad than good. Guess I better go back next year to try again.....

12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Colin! ; I felt the same about my stuff from the parade. ; Couple hundred shots and a few keepers (and they are not as good as I would want)

13. Pops

Pops Member

I was hosted by Justin to join him on the top of LBV Tower on the Parade night. Great perspective but just didn't get many keepers. From the looks of the other posts, I'm planning on buying the MVMCP ticket next year. ; Love the parade shots. ; Garry Rollins

[attachimg=2]
    The lights were off on Space Mountain. ; The illumination is from the fireworks.

[attachimg=3]
    The haze after the fireworks. ;

[attachimg=4]
    Lake BV Tower pool from rooftop

[attachimg=5]
    Wishes from Bay Lake Tower with a little tilt shift thrown in.

[attachimg=1]
    Wishes from Bay Lake Tower

Attached Files:

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I like that first Space Mountin shot. ; The smoke in the background and lighting makes it look so surreal.

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

15. zackiedawg

I like that Space Mountain closeup too - that was a neat moment when all the haze and smoke were hanging over the park.

16. These are great. ; Love the Space Mountain with the lights off and the one with the haze!

17. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

The Blue Fairy... ;
    (from the second parade)

[attachimg=1]

Attached Files:

18. zackiedawg

VERY nice! ; The shot of the fairy herself is nicely done, but the OOF snowflakes in the background really make the shot.

19. I finished my pictures of the first parade. Overall I'm pretty pleased with what I was able to capture. Really looking at and processing these pictures helped me to understand how much more responsive the Nikon D4 is when compared to the D90. Some observations on the D4 include how amazingly fast the auto focus is. The D90 used to drive me insane and I could never quite get the auto focus mode or auto focus area to work just they way I wanted it, just when I wanted it during action shots like a parade. I had the settings right, IMHO the camera just couldn't keep up. It was nice not being a half a second behind, and we all know time is everything in photography.

Working with a full frame sensor paid off too. That's just delicious! One of the most consistent things found on all Nikon cameras is the meter and that didn't disappoint either. Also, the noise factor at ISO 12,800 was everything it was promised to be as well, which was a major purchasing point for me.

Fast focusing, full frame and low noise. That sounds like a camera MADE for photographing WDW!

I'll start with Mickey and Minnie at the parade. I just loved not having to use a flash. I really wanted to capture the parade with as much natural light as possible. There are some people who are really good (and really quick) with adjusting and adding just the right amount of flash to supplement, but not blow out the subject. With the ever changing lighting conditions, changing distances and a million other considerations, this was not something that I was willing to take on for this shoot.

[​IMG]
    MVMCP Minnie and Mickey by Disney Photography Phanatic, on Flickr