PM2016 Universal Poll

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by mSummers, Jan 30, 2016.

?

Are you interested in a trip to Universal during Pixelmania 2016?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2016.
  1. Universal? Why would I want to go there?!?

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Interested only if the group goes before Pixelmania on Wednesday

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Interested only if the group goes after Pixelmania on Monday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Interested only if the group goes during Pixelmania (Thurs-Sun)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't care when Universal is scheduled, I'm going.

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. mSummers

mSummers Member

The Planning Board is trying to gauge the level of interest in a trip to see Universal during Pixelmania. Note: For Tapatalk Users, this is a poll thread which doesn't appear to show up in Tapatalk. Please use the "view web" option or go to your computer and log in.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I would plan on going, in the long run it will come down to finances as we get closer. But this year I could budget for it a bit better and knowing this far out. So again, I really do like the idea of going as a group.

mSummers likes this.
  3. mSummers

mSummers Member

Red, I assume you're viewing the thread on Tapatalk which isn't showing the poll attached to the thread. Can you log in and vote for your preferred option? I've updated the first post in the thread to let everyone know they need to log in.

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

If I am able to attend this year, I am absolutely down with universal. But you didn't need to be told that!

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Yup... Tapatalk. Will go to website through safari and do the poll.

mSummers likes this.
  6. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

My vote would be for adding a day on to the standard Thursday - Sunday for a Universal visit. Not sure what the state of Studios will be at that point but Animal Kingdom will likely have evening hours, maybe we'll even see the return of evening EMH with Rivers of Light and a night time Safari.

So, I'm voting "I don't care when Universal is scheduled, I'm going.", with the caveat that Universal NOT be the only day that Animal Kingdom has evening EMH between October 19th and 24th.

Hopefully I'm not being too difficult... ;)

Joanie Eddis-Koch and mSummers like this.
  7. mSummers

mSummers Member

Rivers of light, etc will be on the schedule.

We'll do our best on the AK EMH request, but with no historical data available the crystal ball is a little fuzzy, especially since we need to make a decision on the park of the day next week to stay ahead of the Southwest booking window.

8. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Thanks Mike.

I guess the important question for the booking window is weather or not you add a day, and if so which end of the trip. Park of the day can be determined later. Any idea as to the number of attendees that typically arrive early vs. stay later? If people are only in town for four full days how likely are they to spend one of them outside the bubble? Just some thoughts...

We'll likely do a full week and it sounds like Tuesday through Tuesday will cover all the bases.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  9. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks for the additional thoughts. We don't keep track of when everyone traditionally arrives. Hence the purpose of the poll is to determine not only the level of interest but also to help inform where it fits within the trip. Last year, everyone who was interested in Universal arrived early and/or stayed late. So far that appears to be the case this year as well.

For those who may only be able to attend for a limited number of days we want to determine at least which day Universal will be so plans can be made accordingly.

10. gary

gary Member

I have been tuesday to tuesday for several years now and am longer this year (10 days) so i can do universal enough extra to feel like i got my $ worth out of the annual pass i bought in december

Joanie Eddis-Koch and mSummers like this.
  11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I am currently booked Friday before to Monday after, with possible slight changes once the airline schedule comes out.

12. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

That is too far away for me to know for sure, but I plan to be there both Wednesday and Monday. So anytime Wed to Mon would be alright with me if I go.

13. Right now I am planning on arriving Sunday Oct. 16th and check out on Thursday the 27. I might extend my trip and make it 2 weeks total. I have the water parks pass and I plan on spending some time at Universal aside from the one Pixelmania day. (I voted for any day @ Universal with the Pixelmaniacs)

Is there a possibility of getting together with other interested parties after Pixelmania and doing an extended Universal meet?

Also is anyone else interested in a water park day? That might be fun on a Monday with the traditional Yachtsman feast dinner Monday night?

I'm just thinking out loud...

~Joanie

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I'm up for any of that provided the inbound and outbound flights end up allowing me to do so.

15. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I would be very interested in getting together with others to go to Universal after Pixelmania, but I would need a ride. I will be staying at AKL. I don't want to get a pass for Universal for only one day.

Who else would be interested in an after Pixelmania Meet at Universal?

16. Me, Me!! Pick MEEEE!! I'm interested.

As for the ride I can coordinate an Uber ride to and from the parks. It's very simple and reliable and cheaper than taking a taxi or a town car. Jackie if you are riding with me I'll take care of the cost for the car. As time goes on we can hash out plans and see what comes to fruition.

So now there are two of us! Anyone else interested in hanging at Uni? I think we can make it so that if you need to split from the group ala Pixelmania that would be fine. That Uber car holds more than one carcass so start thinking about it. Peer pressure, peer pressure!

~Joanie

17. mSummers

mSummers Member

The skipper warned you about sticking your hand outside the boat while approaching the dock!

18. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

What days do you plan to go?
    My ressie is now for leaving on Wednesday. I can try to extend a day or a couple of days. I have to decide soon when I will leave because Southwest opens their schedule on Oct 18. I want to do a total of at least 3 days if I buy an AP. Don't you?

Anyone else thinking of joining us?

19. mSummers

mSummers Member

I won't be going to Universal on Monday or Tuesday. Assuming I am able to arrive early, I am interested in going to Universal before Pixelmania

20. I am there until I leave on Thursday So let's hear it from the peanut gallery. I think the only thing going on is Mike's Dinner at Yachtsman on Monday night. That Leaves Monday Day, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday for Universal.

~Joanie