PM2015 Schedule

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by ddindy, Nov 3, 2015.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

The final schedule for Pixelmania 2015 is pretty much complete. Here's a text-only version to peruse until the fancy-schmancy version hits the streets.

All of the usual disclaimers apply: This schedule is subject to change at any time between now and 11:59 pm on Dec. 6, 2015, consult your physician if side effects occur, do not operate heavy machinery while reading the schedule, etc.

Wednesday, 12/02/15
    Pre-meet events

5:00 pm Dinner Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge)
    (We have ADRs for 24 people. Half of those seats are still available at the time this was posted. See the Whispering Canyon sign-up thread to join the fun.
    8:00 pm Yehaa Bob at Port Orleans Riverside

Thursday, 12/03/15
    Universal Orlando
    Park hours 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
    8:30 am Rope drop at Islands of Adventure
    9:00 am Hogsmeade
    10:30 am The rest of Islands of Adventure
    1:00 pm Hogwarts Express from Hogsmeade to London (lunch at either Three Broomsticks or Leaky Cauldron, to be determined on the day)
    2:00 pm Diagon Alley
    3:30 pm The rest of Universal Studios
    5:45 pm Diagon Alley blue hour
    6:45 pm Cinematic Spectacular
    9:00 pm Trader Sam's (at the Polynesian)

Friday, 12/04/14
    Magic Kingdom (including MVMCP)
    Park hours 9:00 am - 7:00 pm, MVMCP 7:00 pm - midnight
    12:00 pm Jingle Cruise (12:15 pm FP+ recommended)
    2:30 pm Roam Adventureland and Frontierland
    6:30 pm Grab spots for Christmas parade
    9:30 pm Holiday Wishes

Saturday, 12/05/15
    Epcot
    Park hours 9:00 am - 9:30 pm
    11:30 am Starbucks caffeine fill
    2:00 pm Holiday storytellers
    4:15 pm Candlelight Processional
    5:00 pm Epcot blue hour
    8:00 pm Illuminations (FP+ recommended)
    Magic Kingdom insomnia meet (MK is open until midnight)

Sunday, 12/06/15
    Animal Kingdom
    Park hours 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
    9:00 am Kilimanjaro Safaris
    10:30 am Festival of the Lion King
    12:00 pm Expedition Everest
    1:30 pm Transfer to DHS (bus or car)

Hollywood Studios
    Park hours 9:00 am - 8:00 pm, EMH 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
    5:30 pm Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (FP+ recommended)
    7:30 pm MuppetVision 3D
    8:00 pm Osborne Lights

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

We will definitely need to stop and watch the Holiday Voyageurs in Canada as we can have our "Mulch Farewell Moment of Silence" as two of the band members will be featured here.

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I might try to sneak back to IOA at the last minute for some Hogwarts Castle night-time shots... Got this one last week:
    [​IMG]

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Should we also be starting a thread of who is going to Universal on Thursday, who will have a car (and make/size of car) and is willing to drive, and who will need a ride? That way we can minimize crisscrossing the resorts that morning.

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

Yes we should that thread. I'll go work on that now

6. How does this look? I have converted it into a jpeg and if we want we can spam Twitter/ Flickr/Instagram etc with it...

~Joanie

Attached Files:

7. Tim

I will be posting everything on my site today... just finished the mockups for the shirts...

8. ddindy

I have alerted Yehaa Bob, so he knows we're coming on Wednesday night. Let's be sure to arrive early and get front row seats. And if we don't get front row seats, we can always move when the crowd starts to thin out after 9:30.

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Nobody is going to have more fun than we are!!!

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Since we're talking 'car pool' - what about Wed night? Are we all going from Whispering Canyon via busses & Disney transport over to Riverside for Yehaa, or are any car pools going to head over directly after dinner?

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I figure I'll be doing Disney transport, especially since I believe that MK is open late so busses will be running well into the night.

12. zackiedawg

I will likely have my car with me at Wilderness Lodge, mostly because I'm just driving up that day and will be checking into my place at Saratoga early afternoon - so I may need to drive over just to get there in time. But if we're mostly taking Disney transportation over to Yehaa, I may just leave my car at Wilderness and then work my way back there afterwards to drive back to Saratoga. Works either way for me.

13. ddindy

I'm renting a full-size car to use as the Pop shuttle.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  14. Tim

I'll have my car there also

15. zackiedawg

So if we want to make sure we all get there in a timely manner, sounds like we'll have car space for around 13-15 people already.

16. Tim

I think we should be in pretty good shape.

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So it looks like the three members of Mulch will be playing in Canada on the Saturday we are there (barring any last minute changes). My best guess for a good showtime would be the 2:15p or 3:10p show as it gives us time to eat lunch around 12/12:30 and prior to anyone needing to line up for candlelight (if going to that). And with that, as I suggested previously, it would be a good day to wear the Farewell Tour Tees.

18. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

That will be the day I have mine on then!

19. Tim

I love it when a plan comes together!

20. Whoop, whoop, Park Hours change alert!!!

from EasyWDW: http://www.easywdw.com/news/december-2015-disney-world-operating-schedule-updates-2/

Essentially the changes are:
    Friday December 4:
    Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9pm from 8:30pm from 9am-8pm.

Sunday December 6:
    Animal Kingdom hours extended to 8am-6:30pm from 9am-6pm.
    Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am – 8:30pm from 9am-8pm (According to the official Disney schedule DHS has extra magic hours on Sunday night so the correct hours are 9am to 10:30pm) . Second Fantasmic added at 7pm, in addition to 8:30pm show.

Monday December 7:
    Magic Kingdom hours extended to 9am-11pm from 9am-10pm. Second Main Street Electrical Parade added at 11pm, in addition to 9pm Parade.

This alert has been a service of the obsessive compulsive Disney trip planners association. In the event of a Universal trip these hours and changes would not apply. Please stay tuned to your local Pixelmania channel for further news and updates.

~Joanie
    PS I am all packed already so HA!