PM2013 - Animal Kingdom, Everything Else

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by zackiedawg, Dec 27, 2013.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

A thread for general or random shots around Animal Kingdom not related to one of the official Pixelmania meets at that park.

Here are a few of mine to kick this thread off:

Asia bridge:
    [​IMG]

Boat landing in Asia:
    [​IMG]

Prayer flags in tiger aea:
    [​IMG]

Everest and Asia bridge at sunset:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Harambe sign:
    [​IMG]

It's only a fruit bat...it only eats...
    [​IMG]

I spy a Pixelmaniac:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

3. zackiedawg

Nice one Dennis - I love those head-on hippo shots - that window is usually quite a mess to shoot through, but still rewarding when you get the hippo facing you!

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

great shot Dennis!

5. ddindy

Thanks, guys. ; The window was filthy as usual, but I think I was able to shoot through one of the few clean spots. ;)

6. ddindy

7. zackiedawg

Very nice Dennis - that's probably one of the nicest bongo shots I've seen!

8. ddindy

Princess Atta greets the Pixelmaniacs during an emergency shopping stop at the Creature Comforts shop.

[​IMG]
    Greetings, subjects

9. ddindy

10. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

The netting under the Tree of Life forces you to think out of the box to find decent photos of the area. Not overly happy with this so I guess I'll have to take another trip to try again.

[​IMG]
    Tree of Life by Dave Kliment | ExploringWDW, on Flickr

11. zackiedawg

Nice job with it Dave - I agree, that netting definitely messes with the old under-the-tree shots I used to love!

12. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Tim and Justin checked out the Asia Bridge at night. ; We weren't disappointed!
    [​IMG]

13. zackiedawg

Isn't that such a lovely scene at night? ; I've shot it at daytime too - but actually had to go back this past Saturday night and shoot that again I liked it so much!

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Sweet shot, wish I had been there! ; Nice write up with it on Flickr as well.

15. ddindy

Nice, shot, Tim. ; That boat dock is always a good place to check out for photo ops.

16. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Nice photo of the bridge Tim. Unique angle from down on the dock.

17. ddindy

Remember that morning when the plant started posing for pictures?

[​IMG]
    Smiling vine

It was interesting (and a little frustrating) watching her interacting with guests. ; If you've seen her before, she normally just does her thing. ; This morning, she was more than happy to pose for photos with guests. ; The problem was, the guests were in the usual mode of "run up, make a silly grin, and leave." ; However, DiVine was fully in characters and was moving slowly. ; So before she could stoop down or otherwise get close to the guests, they had their shot and were gone. ; Patience is the key, people!

18. zackiedawg

I've never seen her posing with guests - like you mentioned, she's usually doing her own slow posing/vogue-ing moves and not paying much attention to the guests. ; Nice shot!

19. ddindy

Thanks, Justin. ; Maybe it was the location, the time of day (right after rope drop) or just the performer; whatever the reason, it was fun to watch.

20. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

she actually went after my DH....was so funny couldnt hold the camera still....
    different artist- than the ones we had been seeing. The one you pictured is the same one that in-vined my DH.