PixelMania 2K16: Universal Day Ride Sharing Sign Up...

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by RedOctober25, Oct 9, 2016.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Since there are a few of us going over to Universal on Wednesday the 19th (then on to Port Orleans: Riverside for Dinner and the Yehaa Bob show) we thought it would be a good idea to see who has a car available and who needs a ride. So please respond with the following...

For those with cars: Size of car, number of extra seats available and resort you are starting at (will help with logistics so we are not having multiple drivers criss-crossing the property.

For those needing rides: resort you are staying. If you are not dining at Boatwright's or going to the show afterwards, you will be able to get back to your resort via Disney busses (unless there is extra time to drop you off). Also, I think it's only fair that the riders chip in for gas and parking fees (will definitely be cheaper than cab fare)...

----------------
    TENTATIVE PLAN (for now...)
    ----------------
    Car 1: Ford Fusion or Equivalent (Boardwalk Area)
    Driver: Gary (BWV)
    2) Michael (BWV)
    3) Jeffrey (AKV)
    4) Jackie (AKL)
    5) (if Necessary)

Car2: Full Size Sedan (Pop Century)
    Driver: Dennis (Pop)
    2) Joanie (Pop)
    3) Gillian (Pop)
    4) Dave (Pop)
    5) (if necessary)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I'll start the thread off saying that I will need a ride and will be staying at ANIMAL KINGDOM: KIDANI VILLAGE.

3. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I will NEED A RIDE and will be at ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE JAMBO HOUSE.

4. gary

gary Member

gary and mike staying at boardwalk villas, should have room for 3 more riders
    just looked it up, i have a 4 door, ford fusion or equivalent, so i should be able to pick up 3 besides mike and myself, i am going to dinner at boatwrights, but not staying up late for the heehaw bob,

5. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

6. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I don't plan to stay for YeHaa Bob either.

7. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Gillian and I will need a ride from POP to Universal and Universal to Port Orleans. Not staying for the whole Yeeha Bob show but will probably take the bus to a park or Disney Springs so we wont need a ride from Port Orleans to POP.

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Was concerned with the amount of legroom in the Fusion... but it is very close to what my parent's LaCrosse has (depending on model year)... That being said, it might make more sense for Gary and Michael to pick up Jackie and myself at Animal Kingdom and Dennis can load his car completely with a Pop Centurians... (as long as I would be able to inhabit the front passenger seat)...

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  9. gary

gary Member

Ok, just tell me who and where at what time

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

10. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

That will be great, Gary. I'll be at AKL Jambo House and Jeff will be at AKL Kidani. I will pm you on Facebook and give you my phone number so you can text me about the time, etc.
    Jackie D.

11. Wow, I really appreciate this. Thanks for stepping up drivers!

I plan on doing Universal and staying for the 1st Yeeha Bob show. It should be easy to get an Uber back to Plop Century if Dennis wants to stay until the bitter end of Bob.

"The Bitter End of Bob" sounds like one of those urban romance novels. When the movie comes out Bob Jackson can sing the sound track.

~Joanie

12. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I second what Joanie said. Thanks so much to you drivers for being willing to take the rest of us to Universal. It is really appreciated so much.

13. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Since we're rope-dropping Universal Studios, the bus will leave Pop at 6:45 am. And yes, I plan to stick it out to the end with Bob. The show seems more laid back as the crowd filters out. Heck, when I'm there on my own, I don't even show up until 10.

Joanie Eddis-Koch and mSummers like this.
  14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Guess that means the train probably needs to leave "The Lodge" around the same time... so Gary, why don't you plan on picking me up at Kidani at 6:45 and then Jackie at Jambo on the way out of the resort...

15. ddindy

Since we're heading north in the middle of rush hour, I plan on taking Palm Parkway / Turkey Lake Road to Universal. Let me know if you need directions. I'll probably do the same going south for the same reason.

16. gary

gary Member

I will need directions. 6:45 p/u at akl sounds ok, coffee, real, not nescafe. Large. 2 creams, NO sugar

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

17. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Maybe as part of your bus driver compensation package you can request a to-go press pot from Boma...

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

That might be able to be arranged... although not 100% sure on a large... anyway, here are the Apple Map directions from Boardwalk to Animal Kingdom...
    [​IMG]

19. ddindy

I had Google maps draw a map, but I'm not sure I agree with them. Maybe Buena Vista Drive still has a bunch of construction on it.

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Here's the alternate route... [​IMG]