Pixelmania 2016 schedule (tentative)

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by ddindy, Sep 10, 2016.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

WARNING: PROVISIONAL. SUBJECT TO CHANGE. NOT CARVED IN STONE. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Here is a stripped-down tentative Pixelmania 2016 schedule, subject to the above disclaimers. The Planning Board may make a few tweaks here and there, especially if park hours change or Rivers of Light comes on line. The final schedule will be released Real Soon Now, and as usual, will be more of a guideline.

Wednesday, 10/19/2016 - PRE-MEET EVENTS

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

8:00AM - Rope Drop at Universal Studios

12:00PM - Hogwarts Express - Meet at King’s Cross Station in London for a train ride to Hogsmeade.

1:00PM - Hogsmeade - Grab lunch at Three Broomsticks and then explore Hogsmeade.

3:30PM - Islands of Adventure

Return to the WDW bubble for

6:15PM - dinner at Boatwrights (Reservations here)

8:00PM - Yehaa Bob Jackson - Show runs 8:30pm-11:45pm

Thursday, 10/20/2016 - EPCOT

11:10AM – Welcome to Pixelmania - Meet Outside the American Adventure for a quick welcome before heading inside for the first Voices of Liberty Show. Be at the International Gateway or Norway at 11:00am to make sure you’re on time. We will head inside at 11:15am to grab seats, so if you don’t see us outside, come on in!

1:00PM – World Showcase Photo Walk - counterclockwise starting in Italy.

6:15PM – EPCOT Blue Hour - Begin at the Canada stage for a Sunset and Blue Hour shoot of World Showcase as we walk towards Morocco. Sunset is at 6:50pm.

8:00PM – Illuminations - Meet location TBD.

10:00PM – Ample Hills Creamery - Head over after Illuminations for some much needed ice cream.

Friday, 10/21/2016 - MAGIC KINGDOM

2:00PM – Jungle Cruise - Obtain a Fastpass+ with 2:00pm in the hour window to ride. Followed by a stroll through Adventureland.

6:45PM – Magic Kingdom Blue Hour - Meet outside the Haunted Mansion for a blue hour shoot through Liberty Square and Frontierland. Sunset is at 6:49pm.

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (separate ticket required)

7:30PM – Boo to You Parade - Meet at Town Square outside the Emporium to obtain a spot for the parade. Alternate Meet Location - Frontierland.

9:30PM – Hallowishes - Right after the parade ends, move to the hub to grab a good location.

11:15PM – Haunted Mansion - Meet outside Haunted Mansion to take pictures of Lady Renata & Madame Carlotta. Following their final set, catch the last ride of the evening on the Haunted Mansion

Saturday, 10/22/2016 - ANIMAL KINGDOM

Note: Off Kilter is playing Celebration Lakeside Park at 1:15 and 3 PM. Knowing that several in the group will want to see them play at 1:15, we've kept the schedule light in the early afternoon. Transportation is on your own if you wish to see them play.

2:00PM – Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail & Maharajah Jungle Trek.

4:00PM – Afternoon Safari - Obtain a Fastpass+ with 4:00PM in the hour window to ride.

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

6:45PM – Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular - Meet just outside Starbucks to grab a spot for the new fireworks show!

MAGIC KINGDOM

INSOMNIA MEET - Head to Magic Kingdom after Hollywood Studios closes for some late night shooting. Can we get there in time to shoot Wishes?

Sunday, 10/23/2016 - HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

11:30AM - Great Movie Ride - Gather at Grauman’s Chinese Theater for a trip through the movies!

12:45PM - Citizens of Hollywood - Meet at the Fountain at the corner of Hollywood and Sunset.

1:30PM – Muppet Vision 3D

4:00PM - Tower of Terror Queue (and the ride for those who dare)

5:30PM – Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! - Obtain a Fastpass+ for the 6:00pm show.

ANIMAL KINGDOM

Animal Kingdom After Dark - After Indiana Jones, transfer to Animal Kingdom to see the new nighttime offerings.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  2. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

Thank you very much, Dennis, for posting this tentative schedule. It gives us a good idea of the plans.

3. As of 9/17/16 here are the Disney park hours that I have. They were recently updated. Of special note: Animal Kingdom hours have been extended to 8:30 pm every night (hopefully for Rivers of light)

Sunday Oct. 16th:
    2) MK :9 am 7 –pm Party
    4) EPCOT 9am- 9pm
    3) Hollywood 8am-7pm
    (Fan 7:30 pm)
    1) AK 9am 8:30pm

Monday Oct 17th:
    4) MK : 9am -12am
    ( 10 pmFW)
    1) EPCOT 9am- 9pm
    2) Hollywood9 am-8pm
    (Fan.7:30 pm) 8:00 SW FW
    3) AK 8am 8:30pm

Tues. Oct 18th:
    1) MK : 9am -7pm Party
    1) EPCOT 9 am- 11pm
    2) Hollywood9 am-7pm
    (F 7:30 pm)
    3) AK 9am 8:30 pm

Wed Oct 19th we are at Universal

Thursday Oct. 20th
    1) MK 9am -7pm Party
    4) EPCOT 8am- 9pm We are at Epcot
    2) Hollywood 9 am-7pm
    3) AK 9am 8:30pm

Friday Oct 21st

2) MK : 7am -7pm Party We are at Magic Kingdom
    4) EPCOT 9am- 10pm 10FW
    3) Hollywood 9 am-10pm
    (F 7:30 pm)
    1) AK 9 am 8:30pm

Saturday Oct 22nd We are at Animal kingdom during the day (some are going to see Off Kilter at an off site location) and then in the evening we will go over to Hollywood Studios to see the Star Wars Fireworks
    3) MK : 9am -12pm
    ( 10FW)
    4) EPCOT 9am- 10pm 10FW
    1) Hollywood9 am-8pm
    (F 7:30pm) 8:00pm Star Wars fireworks
    2) AK 8am 8:30pm

Sunday Oct 23rd We are at Hollywood studios during the day and then at Animal Kingdom at night hopefully for Rivers of Light
    2) MK 8am –7pm Party
    4) EPCOT 9am-9 pm
    3) Hollywood 8am-7pm
    (Fan 7:30 pm)
    1) AK 9am 8:30pm

Monday Oct 24th If you are still around, some of us are going to Universal. Join us if you wish for a free for all touring agenda
    Tuesday Oct. 25th If you are still around, some of us are going to Universal. Join us if you wish for a free for all touring agenda

~Joanie

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Wow! That bus to MK at 6:15 am is going to be interesting! Did that 4 years ago for the Steam Trains tour, was the first person at MK at 6:30 am. Bus ride to myself! Sleep on the plane!!

mSummers likes this.
  5. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

WOW!!! 7 am opening for MK on Friday. I am usually a rope drop person, but that is going to be mighty early to get out there for a bus. OMG!! May not make that. Lol

6. I just found some specific information about the Citizen's of Hollywood schedule. This is from that font of information known as the Dis Boards. http://www.disboards.com/threads/what-is-the-current-streetmosphere-coh-schedule.3531622/
    REPLY #7

"So the 1940s Citizens schedule recently just changed and they are currently testing some new things. They now have two sets at 8:45 and 9:15 that take place outside of the turnstiles, and then have sets inside like normal at 10:30, 11:30. 1 and 2. The final set should usually be Funniest Citizen of Hollywood!"

~Joanie

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Speaking of Citizens of Hollywood... WDW News Today had posted about a casting call for Dr. Strange (upcoming Marvel movie)... Anyway, that lead me to see what other roles were being cast/auditioned for and came across this... This is for actresses but there was also a call for actors...

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

9. ddindy

I'm looking forward to seeing them. Off Kilter fans will be pleased. I've posted some more info on the new Canada band thread.

10. News flash from Missy K.
    https://www.facebook.com/missyfranklindisney/
    MUPPETS @ MK !!!!
    It's official! The new Muppets show in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom starts October 2. Here's the daily schedule:

9:05, 9:15, 10, 10:15, 11:45, 11:55, 12:10, 1:15, 1:25, 2:20, 3:35, 3:45, 4:25, 4:35

~Joanie

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thats great news!!! And PLENTY of shows that we should be able to catch a few!

12. ddindy

Adding to the list of optional meets, I'd really like to go see Jason and Billy at POFQ either Sunday or Monday night. Jason doesn't usually announce the shows until the week before, so someone will have to watch his Facebook page. (Apparently you have to log on to Facebook to view his page.)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  13. mSummers

mSummers Member

I guess I have some park hours updates to make on the schedule.

Oh and a little incentive to make rope drop at MK on the 21st, sunrise is at 7:32am.

Repeat after me... This is Pixelmania, I will sleep on the plane.

jbwolffiv likes this.
  14. I think it's safe to say that we are all going to drop dead from exhaustion. Perhaps we can work out some sort of scooter processional to haul our carcasses and camera equipment around. It's the only way we are going to make it.

jbwolffiv likes this.
  15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I WILL be at the turnstiles by 6:30 AM that morning. Just look for me taking a nap in Carousel of Progress sometime later that day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mSummers likes this.
  16. Can you imagine that sunrise shot though... the last time I wanted to get this was on the first 1 More Disney day and it was foggy out so no sunrise shot.

~Joanie

17. I just remembered that the Wilderness lodge has a DVC lounge area that is great to crash in so it might be worth a trip over there for a break at some point during the day. If we do rope drop at 7am and we won't leave until after they kick us out of the party (1 am) that will mean 18 hours in 1 day. Aye Carumba!!!

~Joanie

jbwolffiv likes this.
  18. mSummers

mSummers Member

I'd love to have a foggy morning. Some of the photos from that foggy morning are some of my favorite shots from the parks

19. mSummers

mSummers Member

Breakfast of Champions after the light is gone?

jbwolffiv likes this.
  20. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

4 years ago I did 18+ hours, arrived for the Steam Trains Tour and arrived at MK AT 6:30 along with the first bag check security guard. @gary and @mSummers were in that tour also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mSummers likes this.