Pixelmania 2016 dates

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by ddindy, Nov 7, 2015.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Since it's about time for DVC members to make their reservations for next October, we're announcing that Pixelmania 2016 will be October 20-23, 2016. Put it on your calendar now.

We've been throwing around park of the day ideas, too. One possibility is
    Thurs - EPCOT
    Fri - MK/MNSSHP
    Sat - DHS/AK
    Sun - Universal
    Visiting Epcot on Thursay avoids the weekend Food & Wine crowds at the price of a slightly more crowded MNSSHP.

Those of you who are going to Universal during Pixelmania 2015 may want to consider purchasing a Universal Power Pass so you can use it for both Pixelmania 2015 and 2016 (and a few days in between).

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  2. gary

gary Member

that looks great to me, i am buying the power pass, i'm going to stay a few days past pixel mania next year and rent a car to go back and forth to universal for probably an additional 3 days, so that makes it financially the thing to do

3. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I may get a Power Pass also and would love to go for another day after Pixelmania if any one is going. I would be available to go through Wednesday. Unfortunately I would need a ride. So if anyone is going and doesn't mind a hitchhiker let me know.
    I don't like the idea of buying a Power Pass and not go until next October.

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I think the Power Pass is a cheaper option for those that know they will be attending g next year too. It's somewhere around $150 for a one day park to park pass so you'd save $50 minimum by getting the power pass to use this year and next. I'm even planning on upgrading my park tickets to the DVC Gold Pass.

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Wah Wah Wah Waaaaaaah! Oh well, next year again is my 'miss a Pixelmania' year. I had some small outside hopes for another December - I know I'm against the grain on that. But I respect that some of you want to be down here in Florida when it's hot, humid, miserable, and see the Halloween decor. Since I almost always have a cruise planned sometime around late October to early November, I can't ever commit to an October Pixelmania - so I'll have to do my usual September visit, then a December trip around that same week that Pixelmania WOULD have been. If by some miracle I end up not cruising around that time I would try to squeeze in last minute - I won't know until next summer when I'll be booking my next cruise.

6. gary

gary Member

So convice tim to have 2 pixelmania per year, oct & dec. I'm pretty sure some of us would not be hard to convince

7. zackiedawg

Some of us might not be hard to convince...but Tim would likely be among the very hardest to convince! ;)

8. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Yeah. Not a chance. I would like to stay happily married.

9. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

My studio is booked for next October. Some days were not available, but I was very lucky and was on the site at the right time to get the week. Yeah!!

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

All booked for next year!

11. gary

gary Member

All booked for pixelmania 2016, 1 bedroom, boardwalk view, boardwalk villas, check in 10/14, out 10/25, giving me 3-4 days for universal. Maybe a waterpark, lots of food and wine

Joanie Eddis-Koch and Jennifer like this.
  12. Tim

Mrs. TMIP has already put her foot down about 2016. I may or may not be attending vicariously.

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Booked in at Kidani from 10/14 to 10/24...

14. gary

gary Member

well you do realize tim, that we do not propose pixel mania be 10 days long, i'm just staying that length because i want to use my power pass at universal and maybe do a water park day. 10/20 to 10/23 is the pixel mania portion.

15. Tim

It's an issue of school conferences and need for child care.

16. mSummers

mSummers Member

With the in park Wifi, maybe we could FaceTime you in.

In all seriousness, I hope you can work something out.

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Periscope is all the rage these days too...

18. Tim

So are happy wives.

19. Please let the current wife know that subsequent mail order brides are not nearly as picky about attending Pixelmania.
    (I double dog dare ya!)
    ~J

20. zackiedawg

Future headline:
    "In New Jersey last night, a police officer was shot by his wife. The wife admitted to shooting her husband, after he made a remark about replacing her with a mail-order bride; after a brief investigation it was determined that the officer was irretrievably stupid, and no charges will be filed."

jbwolffiv likes this.