pirates of the caribbean (pre-rehab)...

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Tim, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

a few of my faves from last summer (prior to jack sparrow)...
    POTC is so much better in DL than it is in WDW :(

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. gary

gary Member

total agreement here, went to dl in 1978 while in ca for 2 weeks to attend a wedding, actually made it to the park twice
    on the to do list is a return and take karen, she's never been to the original
    i still can remember potc, best ride there i think
    gary

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

You know I think I only tried my old D30 in there once. 1600 ISO isn't enough without a modern IS lens.

I'll have to see what I took.

4. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

I love that middle shot, Tim. It truly captures that classic Pirates feel. 8)

5. Tim

thanks... its a shame the WDW pirates is so far inferior to the DL version.

6. Roger

Why, because you don't have a Blue Bayou restaurant? With a banjo playing Oh Susannah while you float by the crickets and fireflys before you "go seeking adventure and salty ol' pirates?"

Besides, everything I hear is that Hong Kong DL is going to get the Pirates 3.0, which will surpass the original.

7. Tim

also the WDW POTC is about 3-5 minutes SHORTER... the caves in the beginning are about 1/4 as long as the caves in the DL version, and the ending is much shorter as well. i am so jealous.

8. Roger

Ahh yes the grand finale....

"We'll set the whole town on fire...then the audience will be trapped down there....we got them in this mess by going down a waterfall, so how do you suppose we'll get them out?"
    "By going UP a waterfall?"
    "That's right...anything is possible at Disneyland"

I just watched the original FULL version of that part of the 10th anniversary show on the "Your Host, Walt Disney" DVD a few days ago.

I guess it is nicer having more time hearing "Dead Men tell no tales...." and seeing the treasure of Isla Muerta before seeing Barbossa attack the town...I mean the Pirate Captain give 'em a broadside and "We're going to sink your stinkin' ship".

At least the PC version was...corrected somewhat in the last few years. Sheesh.