Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CameraGirl, Jul 7, 2006.

1. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

How exciting, finally Dead Man's chest is opening tonight, Friday July 7. ; I can't wait to see it. ; Not sure when we will be seeing it because we do have a pretty busy weekend, but we will find the time somehow.

Is anyone else planning on seeing it? ; Anyone else excited to see Johnny Dep reprise his role as Jack Sparrow? ; I can't wait!! ;D ; Let us know what you think of the movie.

While we were in Disney in May they were refurbishing the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. ; I was a wee bit disappointed that it was closed when we were there. ; Can't wait to see what they did to it the next time we go though.

2. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

Hubby and I are planning on going to see it tomorrow. ; We are both pretty excited.

The ride wasn't open in March when we were there, and we were told by someone (not sure who?) that some of the "set" was being used for filming of #3. Not sure if that is true or not.......

3. disneyfreak

disneyfreak Member

We're going tonight...in 2 1/2 hours to be exact. ; SOOO excited! ; Yay.

going to disneyland in october and can't wait to see the refurbished ride.

4. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Well we finally got to see Dead Man's Chest this past Saturday. ; We went to an early afternoon show and it was still busy. ; I would have to say for the most part, it was another well done Pirates of the Caribbean movie. ; I loved the silly jokes and nonsense that went on. ; There were some parts that probably could have been either shortened or cut out, but I really did enjoy the movie. ; Without giving too much away, I was a bit surprised at the ending. ; Well maybe not since the movie has done so well. ; I think one of my fav scene's was when Johnny Dep was seasoning himself after he got caught with the paprika, for some reason, I thought that was pretty funny. ; But I did like the movie and of course Johnny Dep. ; I think that Disney got quite the hit on its hands!!!

5. highland3

highland3 Member

We went to see it last week.

Everyone loved it... including my six year old son! ; He was less scared of some scenes than his 10-year old sister.

We also made sure to stick around for the scene after the credits. ; We would have been the only ones, but I convinced another family to wait-it-out. ; Man, are those credits looooonnnngggg!!! ; ;D

6. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

We didn't stick around for the credits. Heard I missed a bit more movie clips. ; I had no idea that the first one had extra clips at the end either. ; As soon as the movie is over, we are out of there. ; After the third movie, I will definitely be making sure to stick around.