Photomosaic of Epcot globe and the castle

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by lilo88, Jan 21, 2009.

1. lilo88

lilo88 Member

I couldn't put these in any other catagory because the mosaics are of all the parks so I'm putting it here.
    There not the best by far! But it's a first attempt and a pretty good one if I do say so myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i really like your attempt with epcot. what software package did you use?
    i think that the mickey hat and spaceship earth would work better than the castle due to the simplified shapes but this is a nice idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. lilo88

lilo88 Member

It was a free trial program called Easy Mosaic V8. I downloaded it off the Internet. you select all the images you want to use then choose the base pic. and it puts all of them together. You can go more advanced to if you have a lot of knowledge in that sort of thing lol. I wish I would have did the hat at DHS. That would have been cool.

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

This is cool, thanks for sharing!

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Very cool! I didn't realize any of the mosaic software was free. I will have to check that out - could be fun!

6. Scott

Scott Member

Cool idea!

7. Paul

Paul Member

This is neat, especially if you use photos from your vacations to the parks

8. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Thanks for sharing, I will have to give that program a try.

9. lilo88

lilo88 Member

I think it was a 18 day free trail. And after that they don't hassle you about buying the program, so it was really nice!

your welcome everyone!

10. JeremyES

JeremyES Member

The Epcot one is sweet.

11. lilo88

lilo88 Member

Thanks!

12. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

That is Waaaaay cool! I went ahead and downloaded it and ran a sample shot to try it out. I did make one little mistake - I didn't realize quite how much time it might take to give it a full size 10MP photo as the original, and allow it to select from 2 folders of Disney photos, each with 400+ photos in them! I had dinner, and watched a hockey game before coming back to find it had finished - took hours, even with a 2G RAM machine with a decent processor.

Still the end result is awesome! Here's a downsized version of what it came out with, and a close-up crop of a section of the shot so you can see how it selected and used the other Disney photos to come up with the final version.

[attachimg=1]
    [attachimg=2]

Thank you again for the link!

[attachment deleted by admin]

13. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Very Nice Justin. I am downloading now.

14. lilo88

lilo88 Member

Really Cool! Yes it can take some time thats for sure!

Your welcome for the link!

15. Again, very cool. Im using a Mac program that does essentially the same thing to help make one of these for my parents anniversary but mine definately does not look as good as yours!

16. lilo88

lilo88 Member

Cool! I'm sure it's great!!

17. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

After downloading this program, I realized it was a PC program. I found MacOSaiX for Mac users http://homepage.mac.com/knarf/MacOSaiX/Download.html . I created the image below using this program & found it to be pretty good. Of course, the more images you use, the better the image you will get. This program also allows you to fade the original image behind the mosaic to supplement the image you get. This image was created using a 100 x 100 image pallette. Of course though, the outcome was a 34Mb image.

[​IMG]

18. Cooleo, thats the program Im using too! So far your result is SO much better than mine....but you used a lot more pictures. I went through ALL of our Disney pictures to find pics of my family and came out with 250, so I told it to use about that many pictures in hopes that it would use each picture once. I have tried several different original images but the best result so far has been one of SSE and the palm trees similar to the OP.

19. lilo88

lilo88 Member

Great job!! That looks so cool!

20. Heres what Ive come up with. Ive still got about a day or so to play with it before I order a print. I want the mosaic pics a little big because the point is all our great family memories!

[​IMG]