Out of lurkdom

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lightslicer, Oct 21, 2012.

1. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

Hello all,
    Hobbyist here- well- hobbyist with a serious Disney addiction- but not as bad as some....
    Can assure you I shoot at least 1000+ shots on my trips- and we dont go with children-LOL.
    I now shoot with a Canon SX40HS- have a nikon cool pix with a swivel lens for a quick shot back up.

Have admired the work shown here and wanted to be a part of the community.

While I dont have a DSLR- its on my bucket list but only after I really push the camera I have beyond its limits and my contentment to embrace what it can give back to me. ;)

Post production is with Photoshop Elements- again- I want the Big boy toy version- but think and know that Elements has such a creative arsenal within it- it still meets my needs and I want to push it to its limits also. ; I believe in making the most with what you have.

I do some artistic stuff with specialized software and integrate it in PE to play some more- and do jewelry with my photography- that turned into a side business-
    Look forward to sharing with ya'll.

If someone could give me the deets on what best to upload pix to the side- files size etc....will share.

Till next we greet,
    Peg

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Welcome, Peg. ; Glad to have you aboard. ; As far as attachments go, linking from other sites is recommended however uploading attachments is certainly welcome. They tend to work best 800 pixels or less on the long side, save as optimize JPEG's to reduce the file size. If you have any other questions or need any further assistance, we will be most happy to help you.

3. gary

gary Member

welcome aboard. i use lightroom and link all my posts from my phanfare site, so i'm not the one to answer the size question, however we do have quite a few ps elements users here and i'm sure within a day or two someone will give an answer

4. Welcome, Peg!

Downloading here from Flickr has worked well for me.

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I typically link thru Flickr or Tapatalk (if on mobile device)... ; At that point the size of the photo is moot since it is a linked photo.

Sent from my iPhone...

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Welcome aboard Peg!! ; I mostly link from Flickr, but I use Elements and I just save the image as a JPEG, and when doing so I reduce it until it is about 400 or so, that way I know it will fit under the 600 needed to post.

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

If you want to link from Flickr just be sure to use the medium option so it doesn't produce a huge picture on the page.

8. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Welcome, Peg. ; I also use Elements and link from Flickr.

While I would love sor someone to give me a copy of Photoshop CS6, Elements does most of what I need. ; Now that Elements 11 promises easy integration of Photoshop actions, I'm even less inclined to upgrade. ; Subscribe to the newsletters from B&H and Adorama and watch for deep discounts some time before the end of the year.

To post from Flickr, click the Share button on on the page with the photo you want to share, select "Grab the HTML/BBCode" then be sure to select "BBCode" at the bottom. ; Copy the code in the box and paste it in your post.

9. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome!

10. mSummers

mSummers Member

Welcome aboard!