Ottawa Disney Store closing!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by highland3, Jun 5, 2009.

1. highland3

highland3 Member

The word is out that the store in Bayshore... the only Disney Store in eastern Ontario... will be closing later this year. ; There is speculation it may be reopened somewhere else and is only closing as a result of this being the end of the lease commitment at the mall.

Arrgghhhh!!!

On a related note, I wandered through the store in Scarborough Town Centre the other day, and actually walked out empty handed. ; That almost never happens!!!! ; Next trip, back to the Vaughn Mills Disney Outlet Store.

2. highland3

highland3 Member

Get ye to the Bayshore Disney store!!!!

The liquidation sale has commenced. ; Almost everything is an extra 25% off.

The final day for the store will be June 24th.

The Assistant Manager confirmed they are hoping to open a new store in the future, but nothing firm as of yet.

3. many good deals to be had - I bought a bunch of tshirts for kiddies' bd parties!

4. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

thanks for the info....I will head there this week

5. I went back today - a lot of stuff that had been there yesterday was gone, a lot of other stuff had appeared. ; Me thinks they'll be moving inventory in and out.

Official word I heard girl give to someone calling - we hope to open in another location over the next year or two. ; They're certainly not giving much away.

6. oldman

oldman Member

Any word on the Ottawa Disney Store ; ???

7. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

it is fully closed now - not sure if they are reopening somewhere else or not

8. highland3

highland3 Member

The last word was that it could be over a year before it rises from the ashes... somewhere. ; One CM hinted that St. Laurent wasn't out of the question.

I took the family on a Bayshore shopping expedition last week... and it just isn't the same. ; That big, white wall just made me sad. ;

9. oldman

oldman Member

Man... Christmas is comming and no Disney Store to hang out in ; :(

Oldman

10. highland3

highland3 Member

Third floor Bayshore just isn't the same.

11. I'm heartbroken - no stocking stuffers this year!

12. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Too bad more reason for a trip to TO from time to time.

13. highland3

highland3 Member

Work trips to TO mysteriously seem to take me past Vaughn Mills right around lunch time... w what are the odds?!?!?!?