Opinions on All Star Sports resort.

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by WDW Donna, Jan 18, 2007.

1. WDW Donna

WDW Donna Member

We just changed our reservation from the ASMovie to ASSports resort so we could take advantage of the free hopper and water parks and more 7day pass.
    My DH is having second thoughts about doing that now (even though it is too late). He was reading some reviews that said the Sports resort was noisy and not as nice since it was the first All Star Resort.
    I would love some comments and reviews from anyone who has stayed there.

2. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

I have never stayed at an All-Star resort, but I have been around them. They are the Value resorts so a lot of schools will use them. As well as big Families that have a couple of extra kids! That's why they are Nosier! It's going to be mostly the same!

But to tell you the truth it really shouldn't matter... Because once your down there your only going to be at your hotel for sleeping, and by that time of night everything will settle down!

Check out the link below, it will give you some detailed information on each all star resort!

http://www.disneymagic.ca/disneyresorts.html

3. I have stayed at both resorts and they are pretty much identical except for the decor. ; The only reason for them to by busier would be to the size of the resort.

All off the All Star Resorts have 1920 rooms and the moderates have an average of 1800 rooms.

Personally I think the Value resorts are great as they let the budget minded person spend the $$$ in the park, not on a room where they spend a small portion of their time (mostly with their eyes closed)

4. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

It's been awhile since we stayed at the All-Stars but the big benefit of the All Star Sports was that the buses pick up and drop off in this order Sports, Music, Movies. If you want a quieter room ask for one away from the pools it can be loud during the summer when there are alot of kids yelling around the pool area.

5. One All Star shouldn't be any noisier than another. ; They're all pretty big resorts (not as big as Pop Century, mind you) and excellent value for what you get - so you do tend to get conventions/ school trips/ teams/ marathoners/ etc. coming at certain times of the year. ; You can check other websites for ideas of what might be going on at WDW during your stay (e.g. see some info posted about dates and cheerleading trips, etc. at http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwfaq.html#busy ). ;

Think of the value hotels as a nice Motel 6 or a Best Western - but with the Disney twist. ; (All Disney hotels are immaculate and have that Disney stamp of quality. Now problems occassionally arise at all hotels, but Disney works to resolve them quickly.)

Value hotels are colourful, have great theming, pools, counter service restaurants, but smaller rooms and beds than the other hotels. You won't get a fridge unless you pay for it per diem (or with your room - such as with All Star Music family suite).

Disney has 2 dozen onsite hotels/ properties - so they cover the waterfront meeting all budgets and needs. ; You should have a wonderful vacation at any of them.

6. tinkerbell

tinkerbell Member

I think that they are all comparable. You might like the Pop better because of the theming, but all in all the sports, music, pop and sports are the same. If you are going during the POP Warner time then it will be a bit noisier and busier than normal because of the pop warner event.

7. True enough. ; My point about Pop is that it has nearly 3000 rooms, so bigger crowds in one area (and more spread out resort) than All Stars. ; (But they're pretty big still.)

8. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Stayed at Pop Aug 2005, Mar 2005 and preferred it over All Star Music Aug 2006.
    Pop food court was better, buses more frequent, less crowded all around better themimg probally due to the fact that Pop is a newer resort.
    All Stars was OK for a stay. We just preferred Pop. We stayed the 70's on ground floor both times.

[​IMG]

9. Csaks

Csaks Member

Our first trip was at All Star Sports in late Apr. early May 2001. The only thing that bothered us was all the unsupervised kids, they seemed to be everywhere. Don't get me wrong I expect some yelling and carrying on but when it is after 11 o'clock and outside your door and not a parent to be seen it eats away at your patience. We where not far from the main pool on the first floor so maybe if you get away from that area it would not be to bad.

This past trip was at Port Orleans Riverside, the first week there was very quiet everywhere in the resort. The second week was Pop Warner. The worst part was a few teams of cheerleaders that would constantly run around cheering in the common areas. The rooms were quiet though.

Chris.

10. WDW Donna

WDW Donna Member

I wasn't too struck on the ASSports. The first night we were there was AWFUL. On top of being tired our group of 14 was cranky and when we found our rooms on the ground floor beside the "quiet pool" we were horrified to see and hear it full of noisy teenagers. The noise lasted until around midnight. We were too tired to complain or care. Fortunately they all left the next morning and the rest of our week was quiet and awsome. I liked the ASMovie resort better and took a walk to the Music. It seems really nice - I think it is the one that is overlooked and less crowded than the others.
    I think that experience turned my DH off of the AS resorts for a while because this time we are staying at the Poly. We don't intend to go back for awhile and missed so much on our last trip trying to play tour guide to our family. When we do go back to the AS resorts I think we will be choosing the Music.