onsite/offsite/condo

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by amw, Mar 12, 2008.

1. amw

amw Member

For my next trip after my next trip ; ;)

Barring any change of position/company, my husband's next conference will be at Rosen Shingle Creek in May 2008. His conference would be for 4 days, and I would add on another 4-5 days to that.

Believe it or not, as a family we've never stayed in one hotel room. We've stayed in 1-bedroom hotel suites, kidsuites, condos. I'm thinking through my options -- and of course my husband wants to hear nothing about it now (no bouncing off ideas on him ; :mad: ) -- and here's what I have:

1. Stay at a condo near Rosen Shingle Creek for the entire time, expensing the company for the portion that would have amounted to his hotel stay. That means we would probably be out of pocket $500 or so. We would be happy in separate rooms, but far from the parks.

2. Stay at Rosen Shingle Creek in a 2-Queen room. Take the kids to GASP Universal (not so interested) for a couple days. Then switch to another closer-to-Disney hotel for the remainder of time. This means putting up with one hotel room (in a conference hotel) and I'm a light sleeper.

2A. As per above, second portion of the stay would be at a Hilton-brand hotel on points. Probably Doubletree DTD. We currently have 3 nights available for that locale, would have enough by trip time.

2B. As per above, second portion of the stay would be at POP Century using aeroplan points. I've never stayed Disney, and if it's "free" I'm less likely to complain. (HA!) This means putting up with one hotel room and 2 doubles!

3. Blow the whole wad on POP hotel stay ... leaving husband to fend for himself at Rosen Creek hotel for 4 days at his conference while enjoying the parks on our own. Honestly don't mind sharing one room with my girls - it's adding the husband in there that's not enjoyable ; ;D. This would mean half the stay would be on points, other half would be out of pocket ...$500ish.

What would you do?! ; ??? ??? ???

Also, has anyone had experience with booking Disney hotels through aeroplan that they would like to share?