# of days

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by Ariel2, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Ariel2

Ariel2 Member

How many days would one expect to spend at the parks with kids

I have the first evening not sure to use that part for MK or Epcot?

Is Hollywood studios better to go on a magic hour days or on a more less crowded day?

Are the Main street electrical parade worth it?

2. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

We spend at minimum 1 day in each park, when we go to AK we end up going back to MK or Epcot for another night time display of magic :)

The extra magic hours give you the benefit of having a less crowded park when they kick everyone else out ... so it is a joy... but you can expect that park to be busy during the day because of the extra magic hours.

3. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I enjoy the Electrical parade. ; Depending on how old your kids are, they will like it too since it is at nighttime and it does make the parade that much cooler to be all lit up.

4. I agree wtih Sean that you should spend a minimum of 1 day in each park. I think 5-6 days is perfect as you can hit one park each day and then use the remaining two days to re-do anything you really liked or catch up on anything you missed.

First evening I would pick Epcot out of those two as hitting the MK right away with some kids could cause the other parks to be a letdown as MK tends to be the park that the kids really like.

EMH at Hollywood Studios is great as you can hit Toy Story Mania early before everyone else gets there. I know we typically make sure we hit the Studios on a EMH morning day whenever we go.

Main St Parade is definitely worth it. It is a great parade.

5. Ariel2

Ariel2 Member

I was very tempted to have MK as the first day...but you are right on the let down lol and also it being sat with the parade it would be realllly busy.

How does this look?

1)So I have epcot evening with akershus dinner first night.

2)Hs+ fantasmic (w/o dinner pkg)

3) MK + mesp at night

4) AK

5) MK

6) EC-will they be bored??

7) MK + downtown disney

8) Home

Also I didn't plan for any naps as I was hoping the little one would not nap or sleep in the stroller....

6. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Looks good expect the studios to be busy with fantasmic and line up an 45min- 1 hour before so you are not dissapointed. Epcot has stuff for kids to do they have the kidcot fun stops where they can do a creaft and interact with cast members. We loved Akershus great place.

7. My kids (ages 3 and 18 months at the time) loved Epcot - there are character meet and greets and live entertainment throughout the World Showcase, and in Future World there is the Seas With Nemo and Friends Pavilion.

8. realfam

realfam Member

We don't think you can ever have enough days at the Disney Parks...........hence we keep going back and discovering new and fun things for the entire family! ::)

9. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

That looks good, on #4 depending on how tired everyone is .. I would toss in an Epcot or MK after AK (normally closes around 6ish) and catch another fireworks show. :) That is if you have park hopper on your passes. If you don't then I would head to downtown Disney after AK

You will NOT be board at epcot .... no way ... tons of rides ... lots to do .. you should except to do two days there and still not get to see and do everything .... :)

I think I have been to the parks 12 times in the last 8 years and each visit has been 7 to 10 days with the exception of one and I am still discovering new things that I didn't know about or do. Its an adventure.

10. Ariel2

Ariel2 Member

I've been quite a few times as a kid...but wow as a parent this is a whole new experience lol!
    I have never been to dt disney and have slotted it in after AK. Just a quick bus ride right?

11. Ariel2

Ariel2 Member

How late does dt disney open till (shops)?

12. realfam

realfam Member

You cannot get to DTD from Animal Kingdom Park directly. ; The buses only go to the resorts, and then you could head to DTD. ; I would allow 30-45 min travel time by bus. ; You could take the bus from Animal Kingdom to Saratoga Springs Resort, get off at Congress Park stop and its a 5 min walk to DTD from there.

13. firelily99

firelily99 Member

My kids are teenagers so I would expect them to want to spend everyday there. Still, I don't want to but would like to come up with an idea of how many days we should spend at the theme parks during our ten days there.

14. Dez97

Dez97 Member

On average about a day in each park, especially if you have kids they could spend all day and never mind you at all.

15. JGPangi

JGPangi Member

That looks like a good plan, Ariel2. As to worrying about having enough to do at Disneyland-- personally, I think I would just be stunned with all the Disney-related eye candy. I agree though, its easy to get overwhelmed when you're the parents planning everything and keeping an eye out on everyone, so I would really suggest setting aside some alone time just for you. Maybe try out a spa service or two just so you don't get burned out, or a magical romantic dinner with your husband.