O Canada!

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by CameraGirl, Jan 13, 2008.

1. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Well we finally got to see the new and improved O Canada! movie at the Canada Pavilion. ; Martin Short was the comedic host and did a wonderful job promoting Canada. ; I left the movie not feeling embarassed that it was out of date, but very excited that they improved the movie so much.

If you follow the link to the Epcot Gallery, you will see the scenes that I took photos of.
    http://www.disneymagic.ca/gallery/

2. kevings

kevings Member

I really liked this new film too. ; I saw it several times over the week of Mousefest. ; The prairies seemed to get passed over a bit, but on the whole it was a good update.

And it is nice that a Canadian Idol winner will have a presence SOMEWHERE for the next several years. ; Most of them fade into obscurity pretty quick.

Kevin

3. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

I can't wait to see it! ; Couldn't stand the old one, my blood just boiled!

4. dcastcan

dcastcan Member

Its suprisingly good. What we must realize is that it's not a Disney movie...its a Canadian tourism board collboration with the provinces. Now what provinces aren't featured in the movie?

5. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Saskatchewan & NFLD?
    Saskatchewan the most popular province to draw in geography class.
    Funny how most of the people the featured in O Canada! now live in L.A.
    I liked the shot of the Canadiens scoring on the Nordiques.
    How come in these films when they feature the Maritimes there's also lots of people with fiddles.

But ; you head down there....no fiddles.
    [​IMG]

6. dcastcan

dcastcan Member

Add Manitoba and the Territories. You're right with NFLD and Sask. I really love the fact that there is nothing mentioned about the space program, basketball, and the very small snipbit of hockey. Its wierd eh?

7. Rogue

Rogue Member

Heard about the new vid through work (RCMP) cant wait to see it next year