NYC Disney Store

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by Paul, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Paul

Paul Member

This came out bad, but very appropriate for the NYC store. ; It was a huge disappointment compared to the store previously located near Central Park. ; Can't put my finger on exactly what I didn't like, but there was nothing there I would buy.

Attached Files:

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I was there in April with the same feeling. ; I was hoping for something more and left with a huge feeling of disappointment.

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I thought it was supposed to be interactive.

4. Paul

Paul Member

Thats what I heard, but there was not a lot. ; They did have the car building section, but other than that little else. ; Even their coffee mug selection was poor!

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I have not liked the coffee mugs since about 1999 when they stopped making ones for each movie.

6. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

I was very disappointed and I think I know why you guys were too. The other store was World of Dis ey, which carried the same merchandise as the stores in the parks, down to Goofey chocolate covered peanuts and pins. This one is Disney Store which carries what you will find at the stores in the mall and outlet stores. I visited the other one once a year with my wife and daughter, met characters and refilled my stockpile of Goofey taffy. Guess I'll have to wait to visit WDW from now on.