Nikon is the Official Camera of WDW and Disneyland

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by ddindy, Nov 21, 2013.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'm surprised no one caught this one: ; Nikon is now the official camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

Here's a link to the Nikon press release.

The Kodak Picture Spots will now become Nikon Picture Spots.

I find this quote interesting: ; "Disney PhotoPass Photographers will now be exclusively equipped with Nikon cameras and accessories, ensuring each memory is preserved with the quality that consumers have come to expect from Nikon." ; If I recall correctly, the folks at WDW have been using Nikon D70 cameras and SB800 flashes for several years. ; So yes, they will probably get newer gear, but it's not really a brand switch.

Let's just hope the Photopass folks get better training than the current "Make sure everyone's in the frame, push this button and DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE!"

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

You mean they are not real professional portrait photographers? Of course, I say that in jest, but some of them get a little carried away.

3. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

I caught it- just wanted to see how long it took to arrive here........LOL ; I kept thinkin as I was reading---they had Nikon already....but now its official- maybe they will sponsor the New Imagination? in 2020.
    Anyone know HOW many Cameras on property they have that are being used each day? trivia question...

Peg who is having WDW withdrawls...big time-

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

5. They are using D90's and if they change the signs to Nikon Picture spot I'm going to pitch a hissy fit! they already remover the Kodak sign from the camera shop in DHS for cripes sake!

~Joanie
    PS. is "Cripe" a decent expletive or should I have just gone with the ever popular "Jesus Mary and Joseph!!!!1!!!11!!!!"

6. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

The Kodak signs were coming down regardless. The only question was when.

I'm kind of shocked that it ended up being Nikon; of all the camera companies they are the least diverse and able to withstand the coming change.

What am I kidding they're using their budget that they used to use to pay Ashton Kutcher with.

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I have seen them using D300's, too.

Sent from my fabulous iPhone 5