Nikon D750

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Scottwdw, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Okay, so the next Nikon dSLR will be FX and not DX. Very little solid info on this one yet but Nikon Rumors is giving it a 95% probability for a Photokina announcement and it is supposed to be an "action" camera. Will the D750 be the D700 replacement I had given up on ever seeing? It certainly is numbered like Nikon thinks it is. I am not liking the references to the D600/610 bodies. Would rather it be the same D700 rugged frame with professional layout of all the controls.

Oh, and 8-11fps without a battery grip...please! Stay tuned!

Click Here for More Info: The upcoming full frame DSLR camera will be called Nikon D750

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  2. ELinder

ELinder Member

I still can't see this being an FX camera, despite the rumors. That high a frame rate and more MP than the D4s? They'd have to cripple it in some other way to keep the D4s attractive. Now if all the specs are right, but it's a DX camera...

Erich

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The frame rate is what I want. We won't know the actual specs until Nikon releases them. Nikon Rumors is pretty accurate when it comes to these things so it would be a total shock if this turned out to be a DX camera.

4. ELinder

ELinder Member

Yeah, NR has a pretty good track record. I'm still skeptical, but FX or DX, if all the other specs are accurate, it'll sell like hotcakes! As long as it has a decent buffer. :D

Erich

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

It seems well within reason by today's level of technology and advancement that a 24MP full frame sensor can hit 11fps...just considering how fast and far things have been advancing lately. If my A6000 mirrorless moved up to 11fps on a 24MP APS-C sensor earlier this year, it would seem to follow that the same speed should be attainable on a full-frame too...if not even more soon. I won't be shocked to see a 36MP full-frame sensor pulling 11-12fps soon. It's great to see technology constantly improving almost exponentially like this - though one just needs to get to what they need and jump in, and not worry about how quickly the next camera will debut with twice your camera's ability in 5 different ways!

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Well said, Justin! You mentioned why I stick with my D700. Nothing better has come alone to replace it....yet.

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'm totally with you there. I moved up to the A6000 from the NEX-5N because there were genuine and significant improvements that would impact my shooting. But I'm still using my old A580 DSLR, because nothing has come along that has been worth switching for me - the A580 serves my needs well, and what improvements have come along with the newer evolving bodies just hasn't been enough of a need or temptation yet for my needs.

Scottwdw likes this.
  8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Another update from Nikon Rumors on the D750:
    • 51 Point Auto Focus
    • 24MP Full sized sensor
    • 8fps Continuous Shooting possibly with body only (not battery pack assisted)
    • TTL exposure metering using a 91k pixels RGB sensor (same as in the D800/D800E/D810)
    Here's the link: http://nikonrumors.com/2014/08/25/a...51-af-points-8fps-91k-pixels-rgb-sensor.aspx/

As noted, this information has not been confirmed. I sure hope it's right!

9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Okay....let's see what you think of the latest:

• Nikon D750 FX 24.3 MP full frame sensor features compact, lightweight, energy efficient design, built-in flash double SD card slot
    • Tiltable 3.2-inch RGB monitor with approximately 1.2 million pixels
    • Robust design and expensive sealing against weather influences
    • New, improved mirror / shutter mechanism "AF system with 51 focus areas"
    • RGB sensor with approx 91,000 pixels and light-weighted metering option
    • Burst rate of 6.5 frames/s
    • 24.3-megapixel -FX-format CMOS sensor
    • image processor EXPEED 4
    • ISO 100-12800 (expandable to 50-51200)
    • Effects Modes" Improved Picture Control "Full-HD video with 1080p at 24/25/30/50 / 60p"
    • Improved functionality while filming "Integrated stereo microphone"
    • Exposure preview and aperture control in Live View mode
    • Built-in Wi-Fi" Professional Wireless communication via UT-1 and WT-5
    Built-in Wi-Fi is a joke as those two units are expensive but the dual SD cards should allow for Eye-Fi cards to work. The 6.5 fps at 24MP is intriguing if it's faster in some sort of DX mode which the D800 series has. The built-in flash is great for using Nikon's Creative Lighting System (CLS).

Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/2014/09/10/nikon-d750-specifications-leaked-online.aspx/#ixzz3CwhP4CLu

Might have the official announcement by morning.

12. ELinder

ELinder Member

Use of the WT-5 points to a D-300/800 sized body, not a compact body like they were talking about for a while. Unless the buffer is huge and/or the frame rate goes up with a grip people are going to be yelling about it not being an "action camera" if Nikon tries to push it as one. Hopefully the SD slots are the new faster version, whatever they're called.

Erich

13. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Was hoping for the official announcement by now. Still some specs which need clarification.

14. ELinder

ELinder Member

15. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Here's the Nikon Press Release: http://nikonrumors.com/2014/09/12/p...00-speedlight-nikkor-20mm-f1-8g-ed-lens.aspx/

DPRevew First Impressions: http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikon-d750

Sigh...so darn close. 6.5fps in FX, DX and with battery grip is very disappointing. I get 7fps with the D7100 in 1.3x mode and 8fps with the D700 with battery grip. While it is faster than the D810 at 5fps with the same 51 point AF, I do not know why Nikon can not get 8 to 11fps at this level of camera. It would NOT hurt sales of the D4s and help sales of their fastest, longest and most expensive lenses.

It does have Wi-Fi for mobile devices for downloading images and controlling the camera which is what I have been looking for. On the fence at the moment. Will have to put one in my hand. Maybe rent one. I know one thing, I won't need to spend the extra $350+ for the battery grip. Cheaper to buy extra batteries.

16. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Agreed, @Scottwdw. The 810 gets 6fps in crop, 7 with grip. There is no excuse for the 750 not to get a bump in fps in crop mode.

This is basically the 610 with the Expeed4 processor, wifi, the new 51 point AF, and another stop of ISO. The body dimensions are exactly the same except its 4mm thinner than the 610 and it looks like the controls are just like the 610, including the lack of a dedicated AF-ON button. Actually not a bad set of upgrades from the 610, and at a decent price point. Unfortunately not exactly what I was hoping for either. Not to mention that it just irks me when a company deliberately cripples a product capable of so much more...

We'll get what we want wen we can build a camera like you can build a fully customized PC online at Dell.

17. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Yes, @ExploringWDW wish the camera companies would jump on something like custom builds. Thom Hogan has been pushing that concept for years. Imagine...getting the body, sensor, processor and features (wi-fi, 11fps, 51 point AF) I want. Yes, I would pay a premium though not 5 to 6 grand. To be far, I would have mortgaged for a D4(s) IF it had built-in Wi-Fi.

BTW, I like the use of Dual SD card slots to save space and most of the rest of the D750 specs. Only saving grace here is IF Nikon WILL give it a FPS boost with the battery grip. Otherwise, why pay for a grip? Like you, I am tired of camera manufacturers purposely handicapping their products to protect others.

18. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

19. ELinder

ELinder Member

I wish I hadn't been right about doubting that rumored 8fps. This was a marketing decision, not a technical limit.

Funny thing is, the Canon crowd are yelling about the 7D Mk2 having 10fps but only 20MP. No matter what you shoot, you can't get what you want.

Erich

20. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I'd take that compromise any day! No built-in Wi-Fi but it does use SD cards for Eye-fi use. Wow, never thought I would consider switching. Will have to think long and hard on that.

Maybe Nikon will counter with the D9300 by year's end with similar specs. Hope springs eternal.