Nikon D7000 with grip

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Dooku77, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Dooku77

Dooku77 Member

Anyone else enjoy carrying their DSLR with grip around Disney? I absolutely love it. I'm a bit of a camera peeper in the parks. I love seeing what other people are using for bodies and lenses.

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I am a D7000 user as well, just put a grip on it Friday so I won't know what it's like in the parks for a few weeks. ; Looking forward to giving it a whirl soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dooku77

Dooku77 Member

I just picked up my D7K about a month and a half ago and I couldn't be happier with it. Great workhorse of a camera. I'm very excited to bring it to the parks next year. I just went in May. I am a former Canon guy and that's what I carried. Canon 50D with grip and it seemed like it weighed a ton but I had a blast. Now I have movie capabilities :). I've had my grip on for the same amount of time. You will definitely enjoy it with this camera. ;

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Used to. ; Next time I get to the parks I'll probably be shooting more video rather than stills...and for stills I've downsized.

5. Dooku77

Dooku77 Member

I'm starting to finally get the hang of manual focus. I'm going to try mostly video next year.

6. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I've had a grip for my Nikon for quite a while. ; I've always felt awkward taking photos in portrait mode using the standard shutter release button, so the button on the grip makes it worth the money. ; Having a second battery in the grip just makes it all that much better.

7. Dooku77

Dooku77 Member

Very much so. Turning the camera sideways has never felt right to me. I love how I can choose what battery gets used first.

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

I always have the grip on my D700. ; After shooting for two years with a D2Xs, the D700 body feels out of balance without it. ; Plus as Dennis mentioned, using the regular shutter for portrait shots just feels wrong.

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I just got to try mine out yesterday, and it was amazing how "natural" it felt to take shots in portrait with the grip, I loved it!