Night time on Streets of America

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by PolynesianMedic, Apr 11, 2012.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Tim and I spent a LOT of time back here this trip. ; We found it to be a lot of fun as the only other times that we have spent any time at all there is usually during the Christmas Light show. ; I know I enjoyed my time here, and I am pretty sure he did as well. ; Here are a few from our time there.

[​IMG]
    Sprung a leak by JDierking Photography, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Streets of America by JDierking Photography, on Flickr

I shared a similar image before but I retook it with more optimal settings this time, and I think it came out better.

[​IMG]
    Corner of NY and San Francisco by JDierking Photography, on Flickr

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool shots. ; I really like the first one, the reds are great but then you have the building in the background right that is so crisp. ; All great shots!

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Great job, Jeff. ; You are really starting to learn some skills. ; Keep up the good work.

4. PolynesianMedic

Thanks Tim! ; It really helps to be able to spend some time with you like that learning not only what settings to use but why. ; I'm looking forward to the next trip already, even if it is in the middle of the August heat.

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Heck of an idea - I can't say that one ever dawned on me before! ; I have day shots there, and the only times I've been there for night are near Christmas so everything's covered in Osborne. ; Might need to try that - those are very cool shots. ; Nice work!

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Look for a full gallery from me coming soon. ; Jeff and I had a heck of a good time twice there last week. ;

7. PolynesianMedic

Thanks Justin, I think that we found it was a nice change from what is normally shot. ; There are a ton of details back there that go overlooked during the year because everyone is just passing through there. ; I definitely recommend strolling through at a snails pace and taking photos during the rest of the year.

8. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

I agree with strolling through there Jeff. There is some great ares to be seen by just peeking into the little side streets& alleys as well. The details even in the out of the way ares is what makes Disney stand above the pack. Great shots. I think any of us could benefit from hanging out with Tim for a few days. ; ;)

9. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Another great set, Jeff. ; I love to hang out at the Studios as it empties out, but I haven't bothered to do SoA at night. ; It's on my shot list for next month.

10. PolynesianMedic

If my work schedule allows it Dennis, I would gladly join you if you want company.

11. zackiedawg

I have gone through there looking at the details...I believe I even took a photo for a Where Am I at night in one of the window displays a few years back. ; For some reason though, I never took the time to stop and shoot a night scenic there.

12. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I welcome the company. ; Watch my twitter feed for my whereabouts.

13. gary

gary Member

it'll be all osborne at this years pixelmania, but p-mania 2013 will be back to october, so maybe a night stroll would be good for the meet schedule

speaking of which after i get back from wdw, after 4/25, i will be starting to work on a more solid meet schedule, i expect several revisions as we near the month of sept, but i kind of want to get the rough outline up there, for at least member comment. and i feel strongly about the need for a yeehaw bob meet, i want to see bob run with the large group with many cameras scene

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Great shots Jeff! ; And Gary, looking forward to seeing a rough schedule and wholeheartily agree on Yeeha Bob.

15. zackiedawg

I wonder if we couldn't finagle a private walk-through tour of the Majarajah Jungle Trek with Louis.

16. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I too like the idea of Yeeha Bob, it would be a hoot with all the cameras!

17. bluehouse

bluehouse Member

fantastic picture of night street lighting of America. ; :rstar:

18. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Great shots Jeff!! ; Like the composition and colors.