Night Scenes, Downtown and Pleasure Island

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Jun 13, 2011.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Staying in a Saratoga Springs villa in the Congress Park section with a lakefront Downtown Disney view means plenty of easy opportunities for some nice night long exposures and scenics of the Marketplace, Pleasure Island, and Downtown Disney area. ; So that's exactly what I did! (Click on each photo for the best res version at 1024x)

This is actually the view from my room!:
    [​IMG]

A little more closeup:
    [​IMG]

Harley Davidson store and the back of Pleasure Island:
    [​IMG]

World of Disney and Marketplace:
    [​IMG]

Wider view from the path in front of my room:
    [​IMG]

Fulton's:
    [​IMG]

The balloon:
    [​IMG]

Cirque du Soleil:
    [​IMG]

Rainforest Cafe:
    [​IMG]

World of Disney and Lego:
    [​IMG]

West Side:
    [​IMG]

And just one daytime snap, taken in the early afternoon while walking over to the Marketplace bus stop to catch a bus to head to the parks:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I like those a lot Justin, especially the one of Fultons. ; I have stayed in Congress Park a few times and it makes for a great walk over to Downtown Disney.

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great job Justin! ; I love downtown at night. ; Great atmosphere. ; I saw that they are moving the Harley shop down by the balloon. ; I can't wait to see what it is all like when they are done with the change over to Hyperion Wharf.

4. Paul

Paul Member

Very nice shots. ; I hear they have added new Lego creations, is that right?

5. zackiedawg

Thanks Guys. ; Yeah, Paul - it's definitely expanded. ; I didn't actually go IN the Lego store this time, but while passing by noticed how they expanded to more space. ; With McDonald's gone, they have more room.

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Not go in the LEGO store? :mad: ; I have to stop every time I walk by, probably the one toy I still buy that I also used as a child! :-*

7. zackiedawg

Well I do still have a box of Legos stored on the top shelves of my closet, next to my matchbox car collection...the only two toys I just couldn't bear to throw or give away!

8. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

There are indeed WONDERFUL new Lego creations, as well as a store that is a LOT easier to walk through. ; It is more of a round shop inside now. ; Easier to maneuver, other than that nothing else looked "new"

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

From what i recall, the new lego creations are disney related now. ; I believe one is prince phillip fighting the dragon and another is snow white kissing dopey on the forehead. ; Cant wait to see them in 124 more days.

10. zackiedawg

Next time I'll have to take a closer look!