Newest Smartphone App - "My Disney Experience"

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by RedOctober25, Aug 3, 2012.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So what used to only be available to verizon users (and then maybe iphone only) has been revamped and opened to all users. ; So far the release is for iphone and ipad, but supposedly to be released soon for android and blackberry.

Its just a revamped version of "Mobile Magic" but looks bvery nice with a Times guide and all...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. mSummers

mSummers Member

I was playing around with that at lunch today and I looks good.

I tested out the dining reservations section of the app this afternoon and found it to work perfectly... ; When I asked for reservations for Le Cellier this evening, it told me to call the reservations phone number which I think is code for "you've got to be kidding"

3. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Unfortunately, it appears to be WDW-only. ; I'd love to have seen a Disneyland version

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I think TDA is has a NIMBY attitude with anything next-gen - they don't want to allow any AP to request Fastpasses in advance - it would destroy the whole purpose of FP (until they roll out something like limits per month on FP per pass, which will go over as well I'm sure). ; Heck, you have to do dining reservations by email only! ; No web site.

Either that or their attitude is "Hey, you got DISNEYLAND Adventures for Xbox, not WDW, so be happy!"

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Michael...I'd expect they'd add some nice graphics to the reservations system, so when you ask for Le Cellier reservations, the screen fills with little animated flying pigs and the sound of all the Disney characters laughing at you.

6. Paul

Paul Member

Wonder if they will be tracking your movements in the park as you use the app? ; For monitoring crowd flow....anonymously of course! ; :D

7. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

No, that is reserved for the new tickets. ; You wanted Timothy to call you by name when its' your turn to ride Dumbo 2. ; Hopefully you'll be able to hear his voice calling you while you're playing the Dumbo games in the tent....

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

They must be working on that for version 2.0