Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MsCruela2u, Apr 27, 2012.

1. MsCruela2u

MsCruela2u Member

Hello! I was reading my Celebrations Magazine at work today, and saw the ad for Pixelmania in Dec. So, I decided to check out this site. I read the articles about how to take good pictures, but I just can't do it. #1, I usually have no idea what you're talking about, therefore #2, I have no idea how to do it! I've been going to Disney about 12 times a year since 1999, and I still don't have a good picture of the castle, or the parade. So, I have hundreds of terrible pictures of the castle. I'm hoping that joining this group will help me to take better pictures-somehow. Hey, I've tried other ways, so why not. I'm going to be at Fort Wilderness, but only Dec 7&8, so I doubt I'll be doing any of the Pixelmania with you. I'd love to, but I don't think the rest of my group would want to. So, I'll just be watching and listening, and hoping to pick up some good tips=that I understand.

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

A special welcome to you, Cruella. ; You have certainly joined the right place if you want to learn how to take better pictures. ; All you have to do is ask and we will all try to help you.

We are even working on some new special content for beginners, written by a few of our slightly less experienced, but still certainly capable, members. ; Please ask anything you may be wondering and if you want gentle critique of your own pics, we will be most happy to help you. ;

Thanks for stopping by... We look forward to sharing posts and pictures with you and watching you grow and learn. ;

3. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Welcome to the group!

You can practice at home. ; Put your camera on Auto on a nice sunny day. ; Find an interesting building (even your house will do) and pretend it's the castle. ; Take your time and concentrate on the composition of the photo. ; Look at other photos that appeal to you, figure out what you like about them, and try to duplicate the style of the shot.

Post your results here and we'll let you know where you need improvement.

Don't worry - I've been taking pictures for nearly 50 years and I'm still trying to improve!

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

welcome!
    you wont find a better place than tmip to improve and grow your skills. this site and Tim have taken my photography to what I consider to be the best that I can do.
    But like Dennis said, you never, ever get as good as you think you can!
    Thats what makes photography so special and fun!
    TMIP is a great place to share, ask questions, and ask for help

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome!

6. gary

gary Member

welcome to our community, we are very happy to help some0one, what do you use for equipment, and do you have any formal or informal instruction, this will give us a starting point to go from.

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Welcome aboard! ; I can see from your profile you have been aboard a Disney ship. ; Glad to have to here!

8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Welcome indeed - and I can almost guarantee that if you ask around, and keep visiting these forums, you will start to pick up a lot of various tips and ideas to help you in your camera skills, and WILL get better. ; Having been here since the boards started, even those of us with decent camera skills have gotten better not only in photography but in Disney photography, as we share ideas and shots...and we've seen a good number of fairly new photographers go from snapshooters to very accomplished photographers over the years!

So stick around here, ask anything, and if you find a hole even for an hour to join us at Pixelmania, feel free to pop over!

9. Chris B

Chris B Member

Welcome!

10. goofmick

goofmick Member

Welcome!

11. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Welcome to these boards Cruela. I can testify that the folks here are Great people to socialize with. You will learn lots here & I can say your will get better.

12. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Cruela, as one of the greener photographers here, I can tell you that I have gotten SO much better than I was before I started coming here. ; Pixelmania is a TON of fun, and a wonderful way to learn. ; I have learned a LOT of great tips from these folks, and have recently won a photo contest because of everything I have learned here. ; I would say, that even if you can't spend all of your weekend with us at Pixelmania, at least try to come to one of the meets to not only put faces to names but to learn a tip or two that can help you on your journey towards being the photographer that you want to be. ; We will be posting a schedule so you can see what you might be able to get to, and I hope to see you there.

Welcome and feel free to post away, we don't bite! ;) ;

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Welcome to the party. ; My advice for you is to ask alot of questions and soak up the answers. ; I too am one of the "greener" photogs on here and probably still shoot 50% of my photos in auto mode. ; I figure that as long as my photos are good enough to impress friends and family, I dont always have to make every shot that "perfect shot". ; Anyway, see you at some of Pixelmania later this year.