New Monorail Paint Job

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Scott, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Scott

Scott Member

For you Monorail fans:

There's a new logo painted on the side of the Monorail cab, but beware! The logo is only on the right-hand side (from the driver's perspective), so you'll need to plan your shots accordingly! That just makes it more of a challenge to get the new logo in the sunlight instead of shade. Note that the logo is also on the rear car, but on the opposite side (since the cars appear to be able to be driven from either end, that side would still be the driver's right in that case).

From the Magic Kingdom stop...
    [​IMG]

From the Tickets & Transportation stop...
    [​IMG]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

maybe it's me but i'm not to sure i like the looks of this...disney is tampering with a classic and at first glance it doesn't do anything for me...

3. DisneyDame

DisneyDame Member

Nice pics, Scott! Thanks for the info on locations of the designs.

I agree, at least in part, with Tim. That design just looks messy to me. I'm not against them adding these overlays from time to time, but this particular paint job just isn't that attractive.

At least they got rid of the Stitch on the front - please tell me they got rid of the Stitch on the front?

4. Dan

Dan Member

You know what, I like it. I understand you guys not liking them messing with the classics, I'm a BIG classic Disney enthusiast. However.. it works for me. The way it's done it looks like it's the bow spray off a boat, flying up and past and swirling into the air. That's an interesting approach, both organic and abstract. Also I just noticed that it says "year of a million dreams".. so I guess it's meant to commemorate their current special event.

Plus I appreciate them only decorating one side of the first car (well, and the last one). It's less obtrusive, almost elusive.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. Scott

Scott Member

Yeah, I don't mind it too much - kind of grows on you after awhile. Plus, it will come off after the "Year of a Million Dreams" is over (whenever that is).

I didn't see any of Stitch on any of the cars!

6. ilene

ilene Member

I like it. If they had covered the entire monorail, that would be too much. But I think it's kinda cool looking on just the first car.
    [​IMG]

7. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

I didn't agree with this new design...I still don't I hope they will follow up and do both sides of the monorail instead of just having it on the right side. I wouldn't be upset if it was only on the front car but at least make it on the left and right side.
    Here are just a couple I have:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (My wallpapper at this time)

[​IMG]

8. joedisney

joedisney Member

Very cool, can't wait to see these in person!

9. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

[​IMG]

10. dawholagn, the miniature look is so cool! :eek:

11. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

12. thank you for the link. However, I have yet to make a single shot at that angle. I usually do eye-level and worm-eye view only. I should try to get pictures with that angle.

13. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

after seeing the new monorail in person, i really dont like it. i think they messed with a classic a bit too much with that one. sorry, disney, thumbs down.