New game...Box Lacrosse

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by Scottwdw, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I do have a knack for finding the toughest games to photograph. ; Not the sport itself but the arenas they play in. ; Take a hockey rink without ice and put down a light soaking blue surface with the need for fast shutter speeds and you get high ISO photos. ; I did not use noise reduction (yet) on these photos. All taken with a Nikon D700 and 70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens with cropping for composition.

Onondaga Red Hawks Brett Bucktooth (66) goes between the legs to score a goal against the Allegany Arrows in Can-Am Senior "B" Box Lacrosse league action at the Onondaga Nation Arena located south of Syracuse, New York.
    [​IMG]
    1/500s, f/2.8, ISO 8000, EV +1.0, 125mm FL

Box lacrosse is a contact sport.
    [​IMG]
    1/800s, f/2.8, ISO 8000, EV +1.0, 200mm FL

Onondaga Red Hawks Grant Bucktooth (15) sidesteps an Allegany Arrows defender before scoring a goal.
    [​IMG]

Onondaga Red Hawks Ron Cogan (9) uses his height to slam dunk a goal against the Allegany Arrows. The goals are only 4 feet square and the goalies in equipment almost fill it from edge to edge. ; Somehow the shooters find a way to get it into the corners as many goals are scored. ; I like that they have a shot clock unlike field lacrosse which is starting to hurt the game at the college level.
    [​IMG]

Next month I am photographing baseball and field lacrosse in sunny (hopefully) weather.

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice shots Scott. ; I have always wanted to go and see a box lacrosse game but never got around to it.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice shots Scott. ; I have always wanted to go and see a box lacrosse game but never got around to it.

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I saw a Philly Wings game a few years ago and couldn't help but thinking that those dudes are NUTS.